How do I make my motor go faster (BLDC)

Yep, your battery is probably ‘‘broken’’. I don’t se any other reason why this would happen.

And i don’t get how you managed to get that 20-25mph. What is your gearing? You can’t get that speed even with 100mm wheels.

I don’t understand either how you were able to get 20-25 out of a 2x3s 190kv motor. The max I’ve been able to get out of that configuration is 17.5 and I think I was going downhill.

@TJBoards

I think that there were many factors that added up.

1. My board is new

2. I am riding on new roads

3. I think my gearing set up is pretty good

What is your gearing? New board or good roads doesn’t explain this.

2 Likes

36 Teeth on my Wheel Pulley and 16 on my motor. I would also like to add that I am only 100lbs if that makes a difference.

Hi, Sorry for the late response… My 190kv is very scratched up on the outside. Let me know if he/she is still interested.

My daughter is only 90 lbs. and her board has the same exact setup as mine now and she doesn’t go any faster on her board than mine. We both have a top speed of 21.7 mph. 6s lipo battery, 16/36 gearing, 6355 260kv single motor.

I saw this a couple of weeks ago and i’ve been racking my head trying to come up with a solution… but then last night it came to me in a fit of delirium like so many brilliant ideas do.

I’m pretty sure this will resolve your issue. I would only use this for short bursts, and at the end you might notice a startling end to the boost but this is extremely efficient. Almost no additional battery power is used and you’ll dramatically increase your motor RPMs.

You may need to adjust the belt length and of course the distance between pulleys, and you may need some additional room around the motor can, but i’m positive this is exactly what you’re looking for.

2 Likes

who needs brakes!

I’m tired of belts and pulleys and hub motors. See you at the Performance Days bitches!

5 Likes

It’s all fun and games until someone loses their leg to a jet turbine.

dude i can’t wait to pit my moon traveller mod against your jet turbine mod. I’m pretty sure the moon travelers are going to smoke you.

Hi, I need help with my board, I have a dual n5055 270kv 3000w dual belt drive setup with 3 3s 5mah 20c lipo batteries in series and it’s 15t-35t and I just don’t get enough speed, my single hub motor skateboards goes faster, what can I do. 83mm wheels and a cheap ESC off eBay. If you have suggestions can you add a link please, thanks. Also how do I post question so in other places, I’m new.

Hi, I need help with my board, I have a dual n5055 270kv 3000w dual belt drive setup with 3 3s 5mah 20c lipo batteries in series and it’s 15t-35t and I just don’t get enough speed, my single hub motor skateboards goes faster, what can I do. 83mm wheels and a cheap ESC off eBay. If you have suggestions can you add a link please, thanks. Also how do I post question so in other places, I’m new.

might be that you got the wrong ESC. These are available for 6 and 10s i think and for Hubs or Beltdrive. Each is different. You might have a HUB ESC for 10s, so you are below that with 9s and it might also be that yours is for Hubs only.

lmao 5mah??!! i think you meant 5000mah or 5 amp hours