How do you mount your xt-90s?

3D printing in ABS (stl post 7)

3 Likes

That for sure. But If I can remove a bit of it by sanding the plastic part maybe it can help. I understand the tight fit but you need ti pull a lot to unplug it, at least in mine

after a light shot of sandpaper fine grain on the xt90 keyloops it goes nickel ā€¦ and that it forces a little is not worse to avoid any unintentional disconnection of thevibrations on rugged terrain ā€¦ IMO

I get you, I have the same problem. I tried sanding the plastic and it does word a little bit but I am not satisified enough

Thats the only reason that can push me to buy an antispark switch. They are nice but not worth it the price to me.

I drilled a hole and super glued it. As150 have plastic housings that screw the bullets, you could use the non-antispark version with housing for your mid pointā€¦

Really wanting a couple of your low profile xt90 housings for my build but, im in the UK @mmaner is there anyone my side of the pond that knocks these up or may have some already that comes to mind?

I dont know anyone over there that does 3d printing. Iā€™d ask @bigben, see if he knows anyone.

1 Like

I can print simple stuff in petg if that helps. I have black loaded now. Iā€™ll track the file down and see how they come out.

2 Likes

no oneā€™s mentioned yet but i use sugru to mount all my ports. not as clean as 3d printed brackets butā€¦donā€™t need a 3d printer either.

sorry, donā€™t have photos.

1 Like

@mmaner thanks for the reply, also thank you @bigben though im kinda thinking wouldnā€™t i need ABS over petg? as il be using a XT90AS power to escā€™s cable rather than a loop key on a power cable so it needs to be able to take repeated use (pulls and pushes) ā€¦ :thinking:

@thisguyhere il be using sugru to dampen cable vibration and waterproof the said XT90 housing, hopefully :smiley:

Edit i have seen the one on hobbyking i may just cut that one down to size but thought ide ask about it on here first.

1 Like

How does it hold up with vibrations?

zero issues.

itā€™s ā€œrubberā€ so itā€™s pretty compliant. and it kind of binds to whatever itā€™s put on.

only thing is itā€™s unnecessary expensive and itā€™s got a shelf life. i just used the last two remaining packs that were ā€œexpiredā€ and it was noticeable grainy and kind of lumpy looking.

but now that itā€™s cured it seems to be the same consistency.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Iā€™m going to give this a try on my board as Iā€™m not overly happy with my current method. I never would have considered using SuGru, so thank you.

1 Like