How fun is it to ride an offroad board?

as the title asksssssssssss

Very.fucking.fun

6 Likes

I dunno, I hope to know around the time summer rolls around.

I used to ride street style only, but after try off road, I love it <3

1 Like

As you can seeā€¦itā€™s super boringā€¦ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTiFtpdd0nVU915rn5Klpow

18 Likes

I hope to try it some day but I feel like I need a street build first since an offroad would be cumbersome to communte withā€¦ looks like a blast wish I could try it out, would love to blast by people riding off paved paths like a mad man

sad thing is the amount of power they take and how much more expensive

1 Like

I hate that we have to trade form for function when we bottom mount batteries with a trampa board or any mtb. I really wish someone would work on a perfect solution.

1 Like

Who knows what 2019 bringsā€¦ I know some things are on the way. Maybe one of them will fit your taste :wink:

2 Likes

Noo but Iā€™m building my board already :joy::joy:

Not building it from scratch againā€¦ :joy::joy::rofl:

1 Like

In one word: ā€œboringā€ I was so bored the first time that i almost fell asleep while riding. rio

5 Likes

Boooringā€¦

9 Likes

I do this on my steet build still lol

10 Likes

Yes you are, donā€™t lie to yourselfā€¦lol

1 Like

A lot, even on street wheels

3 Likes

the only reason I would ā€˜rebuildā€™ is if i were to get a kaly deck. I dont think ill ever want to change my setup, as its (imo) only the best

Urban treads + trampa rims ( this is also subject to change, i might go all the way up to 8 inch)

12s7p 30q

Unity

Etoxx 1:4 Helacial

Maytech surf remote

Urban carve trampa

maytech 170 6374 sealed

like, i dont even know what I would want to upgrade on that board to make it ā€˜betterā€™

maybe suspension if I dont end up liking it?

The hub cruiserā€¦ thats a different story x)

1 Like

man it totally sucks, I hate flying past trees in beautiful forests without needing to worry about being hit by a car and I really miss the pollution from all the car engines too :wink:

I started off with street wheels and didnā€™t think I would be bothered about off-road, now I am totally addicted to hitting the dirt trails near me.

took this a few days ago during a sunny spell between the horrible rain weā€™ve had the last week or so muddy

8 Likes

You donā€™t have a top mount battery, how do you handle the water ingress and everything like that

if you make sure the enclosure is sealed properly itā€™s not an issue. That said I wonā€™t go full speed into a deep puddle as that is just asking for trouble

2 Likes

@hyperIon1 is doing my boardā€¦ Hopefully he puts the fattest gasket possible :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

i have the AT cheap ass pnuemi set upā€¦ and although its fun being able to go where I want I def need a more knobby tireā€¦ it has a hard time with traction (naturally) and i feel like thats part of the fun Im missing.