How many times did you have to take it apart before it was right

Not in my city… The thermal expansion from the winter makes the gap almost 120 mm… They use wood siding instead of concrete which doesn’t help either.

that’s a pretty huge gap

yep thankfully I wasn’t going too fast though…it’s also nice to have a motor so I didn’t have to run to get the board before it got run over by a car…

You mean there is a point at which I can stop taking this board apart?

5 Likes

Never leave the board unattended around people that you know will do stupid things with it which will damage your belts, gears, and wheels or other componenets.

2 Likes

What if I am people who will do stupid things with it? Can I ride my own board?

2 Likes

Go ahead. Lol its yours not others

Yeah, a friend smashed my carbon GT into a pole doing burnouts which was fine until the signal dropped out 10 feet from him so he couldnt apply brakes before it crashed into a pole :(.

Here we go again. I charged the batteries, threw them back in, again a phase wire needed to be resoldered… Resoldered it, good to go. Did my stress test. Made it 3.53miles and it died again. Now one wheel is spinning (probably yet another phase wire, why I didn’t resolder all of them? Laziness) wasn’t too far of a walk back to my car after I disassembled it to see if it was a simple plug. All the walkers and runners that I passed while riding were now passing me lol. Voltmeter isn’t showing anymore so back to the drawing board. Oh, and that screw that I was just told on here to loctite was also coming out. But I caught it at least. You guys make me feel like I’m not as much as a failure. Yay! And I haven’t ridden it far enough to be stranded just yet while I work out the kinks. Hope the battery charge is just low or something. No lights on the vescs or anything.

1 Like

I left my bamboo gt with my cousin and nephew they got drunk and were burning out on the board they busted one of my gears, burned and broke my belt and burned a hole in the belt cover. I still have the wheels

3 Likes

hope they provided you at least a video of that magic smoke?!

1 Like

what the fuck, i’d be so pissed if someone had done that to my board.

1 Like

I was but i blame myself because after 15 years of knowing that they will brake my stuff because they think its funny. I should of atleast taken the control with me. A life lesson i paid no mind too. Untill now

1 Like

I think about it as a daily procedure. These are, at the very least, high performance machines – even the slow ones! Seriously though, a top-fuel dragster can go 0-330 mph in 4.5 seconds, but must be rebuilt from the ground-up every SINGLE time… And they still blow up-- often.

Back on topic: the path of least resistance will always show itself, lock-tite is amazing, and hot-glue is too. I use lots of gorilla tape too.

1 Like

I have 3 boards in pieces right now - also my evolve GT is in the shop - failed BMS killed two cells - all replaced under warranty. BUT the weather is fucking perfect and I can’t ride. fuck. bourbon me.

1 Like