How many times is Enertion going to push back their Unity shipping date? I'm going to miss a whole summer of riding because of them

Well the unity has a lot of promise due to the very smart engineers who are working on it. The rest, eh… The moto of enertion is really about economics. I know for a fact he always has done at least a 4x markup on everything. So you can back track costs pretty easily. It’s defiantly more about economic prices than the best quality. And with eskating, the margin of error is low.

1 Like

Yet somehow he manged to create a product that was market leading. Then discontinued it before the full testing of the replacement was fully realised. Not a good front man is the issue. Let the professionals do their jobs and sit back and count your money. What a great business model.

1 Like

Well it’s very much about business. Jason manages everything, but he’s not an engineer. He relys on other’s and generally speaking, he’s a master of marketing and finding talented people to engineer for him.

The focbox was because Charles and johnny put thousands of hours into the focbox. By the end, it was the only enertion product I feel comfortable buying, lol. I get why he killed it (so he can get pre orders for the unity), but it does put a lot of people in a bind.

There is more competition today than ever before for esc’s… A lot of options.

1 Like

This. This is the crux. we rely on these products to work because it could mean our health. I personally have an issue trusting anything else because I know they work. I’m confident that I won’t hit the concrete at 40mph. Unity should have had that level of trust before the focbox went bye bye. Its a company built on sand. No foundations. Its a hobby for the little man at home to do while wifey is out there earning the money. This is why we are the ones who are getting shafted. Jeff sold his house to fund evolve. went in hammer and tongs with his wife in partnership. Foundations.

5 Likes

Just asking @dareno exactly what consumer rights should you state to get a full refund

I am liking this idea

image image image Australian consumer authorities protect Australians not Londoners

Your rights are pretty much whatever Enertion like so you talk to visa if you feel the delivery times are extremely misleading(for quite a few people = true) and ask for a chargeback

An Australian buyer has the option of really putting it to Enertion given they fall within jurisdiction, I would never ever part with 20%

Simples

4 Likes

Ah ok

Thing I send ordered two during easter sale and sharing with someone therefore i can’t only cancel my half visa would have to cancel full order

Easter? And what was the schedule promised at the time?

If you are still in window of that schedule then this is a snowflake problem

Try Dec promised March and still waiting for physical product to arrive, then the previous applies

I think more patience maybe on your part

If you can’t cancel due to obligations with somebody else and that person is content to wait then mmmm snowflaking

1 Like

If I didn’t know you were a youngster I would think you were drunk after reading that. Write clearly and concisely.

3 Likes

What happens when you are using a iPad gen 2 at the moment

It has an “I’m drunk” function? I’m a two fingered typist and I can manage. I’m sure you with your evolved speedy thumbs can manage too.

Guys. Wait for the unity. It will be worth it. There are people out in the wild loving theirs. Its a great product and is backed up by some very clever engineers who are working to make it better. You want some provenance? Look at its baby brother. Solid vesc. This will be too.

2 Likes

Is there actually an official statement that they are indeed improving the unity on a hardware level, or is that an assumption?

For the moment going to cancel mine if I can get full money back already ordered vesc6 from trampa and would prefer putting that money towards some maytech motors

Hardware is fine. Just some software bugs is all. All new phones have them but the issue with using that philosophy on esk8 does not mean slow refresh rate on snapchat, it means streetface. Its a new industry. We are its pioneers. Go west my young friend.

All I wanted to hear, since a hardware revision could be considered a valid reason for delays. Software, not so much. You could just ship the hardware with a printed warning and explicit mention that the software has to be updated prior to use.

1 Like

They already have the updates but I’m guessing they want to proof these latest versions to ensure they are safe and thats a good thing. Anyone who has issues have already been given the firmware revisions to good results. To send out a product you know may have issues is negligent so delays in this respect is a good thing for the end user.

Focbox had its fair share of bugs initially. It went on to become the most trusted controller on the market. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind this will be the same. @Deodand is a clever chap.

3 Likes

Well then you are screwing over the other person in the split by not having patience.

It’s not clear that they have already exceeded the delivery times, could this be a case of impetuous behavior?

I know it’s summer already, but when you bought it would have been made very clear that you are paying a for a pre-order and a tentative delivery date would have been advertised, what was that date?

The date was “shipping in March”

Then (if you can work it out with your co-buyer) you have an excellent chargeback reason with your card carrier

But I don’t know why I’m wasting my time and yours it seems you ordered during Easter and shipping in March…which is impossible

you’re confused, I would imagine you’re scheduled for this month earliest

This is nonsense I’m out of the :thread:

1 Like

Sorry not march I mean may