How often do you all ride?

I take it inside. What other places? I take it in a lot of places. Fancy places that have a coat check usually take an esk8 also, bet you didn’t know that

Yea, I didn’t know that. I don’t know a lot of things pertaining to eskate, which is precisely why I joined this forum. :wink:

So restaurants can just be propped up with you at your table I suppose. Stores where you wouldn’t have a cart? I dunno. I’m just trying to get an idea overall on the minor things you would have to do when you don’t have a car to depend on. What about a gym? Can’t really fit it in a locker, so I guess you would have to find other accommodations. I’m just genuinely curious because I’ve actually been thinking about stuff like this throughout the day sometimes. I know with your builds, the weather is a big part of how you go about them and I’m sure the range is another factor. Is weight a priority when designing these things too, since you got to keep them with you for the most part?

2 Likes

LoL the esk8 is the gym

Yes weight is a big factor, I have light & small & short boards for things that aren’t far away

And long & heavy boards for epic journeys

1 Like

I’m sure it’s leg day, but I can’t say how much it would work on cardio or upper body as much.

That makes sense, having multiple boards would make that burden easier. To stay on topic I will state I ride none. My current average is about 0.

1 Like

I commute with my board… so its at east 10 times a week. Usually a couple times during the weekends as well to grab breakfast and run errands. Its part of my lifestyle now

2 Likes

Could you imagine life without it?

1 Like

I am bringing my board back to taiwan with me during my vacation… its literally on the other side of the world. Even though the community there have plenty of folks that will be willing to loan me a board. No it has to be my board. Its part of my routine, part of my life. Its would be like clipping a birds wings if I can’t ride

3 Likes

I’m the shopping bitch in my house now. Ride every damn day at the slightest excuse. Always the long way round and a couple of fast block laps before bed. Apart from work I no longer use my car.

4 Likes

Luckily my board fits perfectly in the lockers at the hospital where I’m at.

If it wouldn’t I have no idea how I’d be able to use it as my commute.

I’ve actually seen a nurse on a (non-electrified) longboard in the underground culverts going from one part of the hospital to another. :grin:

3 Likes

Yeah, grocery store 2 blocks away but I always wait until “Oops, it’s after 21:00 and they’re closed, guess I have to go to the big 24-hour one 3.9 miles away” Darn, what a shame :smirk:

It’s funny because I almost never go to the one downtown because it’s too close :rofl:

7 Likes

I’ve ridden to both the gym and grocery store which are less than a mile away. When going to the grocery store I only go for small items and if it’s full on grocery shopping I take the car lol. I store the deck in the shopping cart. When I go to the gym, I store the board in the locker.

So do you guys ride on the sidewalks? cause I hate it.

I usually ride in the roadway, but nothing is off-limits depending on the circumstances. Sidewalk, grass, indoors, roadway…pick up the board and jaywalk through a red light :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You can’t get a [meaningful] ticket for walking through a red light. Ha ha

4 Likes

I got a $250 jwalking ticket once…

4 Likes

I use mine for getting to stores a lot too and usually have a bike lock on my backpack so I can just lock the board to a bike rack (I specifically drilled a big ass objectively ugly, but functional hole in the center of my board) for looping the cable lock through. My board looks DIY enough that I think it would scare most common folk off anyway, but I’ve never had problems with it being messed with in a few years of doing that at a couple grocery stores and convenience shops (for quick runs in I’ll just leave it leaning near a garbage can in front of the store where I can see it but it isn’t drawing a lot of attention).

Regarding original question of how often, it varies some based on the weather… nicer it is more I use the board and just find reasons to go out and cruise, but still use it in crap weather to get places I need/want to be if it’s close enough to not justify getting an uber or finding some other way (grocery store for example is only a few blocks ride so I still use it to go there as long as there isn’t snow on the streets).

4 Likes

3 miles every day of the week and then some more for groceries and pickups. So > 100 per month.

I try to stick to bike only lanes whenever possible. Speed is limited to 16mph for safety, because it is easy to miss things at night.

1 Like

I walked across a busy intersection with 25 other people and flicked a smoke on the ground. $300 jaywalk and $300 for the smoke. Been off the boat a week. Welcome to Australia.

7 Likes

I ride when i can. which ends up being 1-2 times a week.

I work from home or go to clients for meetings and that is usually further than the board can take me.

Broken wrist from not paying attention so I have been told by the wife that I can’t ride till the cast is off. hanging for the 2nd of January.

@dareno it sounds like you are in Melbourne the nanny state. Welcome to the most livable city where you get fined for breathing out of time.

1 Like

Mate no actually Queensland which makes Victoria look positively bohemian. Thank christ for State penalties enforcement register is all I can say because you get fined for farting and that allows you to drip feed them the money. Sper will suspend your driving license for not paying a jaywalking fine though.

1 Like

Love your response bro.

You’re not supposed to tell the cop his momma so fat, she almost turned gummy bears into an endangered species.

2 Likes