How often do you really use your E-Sk8?

damn how do y’all find time :sleeping:

Added a small poll, would be lovely if all of you could give your distances :slight_smile:

Ya gotta build Esk8 into your lifestyle so it saves you time.

I went to a meeting yesterday that was about a mile away. Too close for a subway ride, but a 15min walk. Did the round trip in 5min. That saved me 25min.

I can do a trip to the market to pick up anything I can fit in a backpack with 5min of travel time. By car, when you factor in getting in the car, parking or getting stuck at a light, it actually takes more than three times as long. If I skate, I’m back at home before I would have stepped foot in the market if I drove.

There are many times where I’ve added a hour or two to my day by skating.

1 Like

yea, Im also shopping daily, but small amounts now that fit into my backpack. cant remember when it was the last time I went shopping with my car. actually I only use my car to drive the dogs around :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m sure a lot of it depends on where you live, but being in the city, it definitely saves me a lot of time on those short point A to point B runs.

2 Likes

I’ve saved 30 mins on my daily commute with a board. Gives me another 30 mins with my son, or means I eat before 8:30… So making it a part of my life has been positive on those three counts alone! :wink:

now, if you add an enjoyment factor…

1 Like

Every little bit makes a difference. If you start adding all the little bits of time here and there, it can come out to be a lot of time. 30min saved each day adds up to another work week. Skating gives me enough exta time to hit the gym almost daily.

Just a thanks again for all the replies guys, read all of them!!!

Got my build running last Friday and I’ve put about 50 miles on. I’m loving the board. My commute is 2.2 miles and I made it door to door in 9 minutes today. I can take a bike path with about 300ft of sidewalk riding to get there.

I took it on roads at night in very light traffic with my 300 lumen bike light taped to the truck and flashing lights on my back. Cars don’t know what to make of you. I was honked at multiple times despite being totally safe and riding as a bike should. Be very very defensive around cars and pedestrians

Im in denmark holidays right now - running 60-70km a day on perfect coastal bike lanes.

really cant get enough of the concretewave :heart_eyes:

@whitepony Wow! What is your board’s range? How many times a day do you charge? :smiley:

range is up to 50km (10S4P single motor), usually 2 tours per day :slight_smile:

@whitepony ah nice. Post some pics :slight_smile:

Hey folks! I hope this will not cause a rage.

We happened to have developed a survey to try an learn how people commute in cities. I thought it would be cool to post it here and see if people will be willing to share and learn from the empirical data.

I made the responses available for everybody who submits responses (let me know if it does not work).

Please don’t compromise the answers just to get to see the results.

So here’s the link: https://goo.gl/forms/kCILnEQuZfctfPPx2

Disclaimer: This survey was developed for our internal purposes so some questions are no 100% relevant to this topic.

Cheers!

EDIT 1: This survey is a copy of our in house one and the results are not merged.

I ride 7 miles each way to work, 3-4 times a week. I could go 14mi on one charge but just for piece of mind I charge it at work.

1 Like

Up

Once / twice a week (temp at 0 deg C or 33F)

Summer - still ahead