How popular esk8 really is in your area?

I live in NJ. My boards in the ER right now but hopefully will be back in business soon. I’m in Philadelphia a lot which is why I decided to build a board, but never seen anyone else ride one.

1 Like

NYC is ESK8 capital! You can’t look around without seeing someone on an electric board. I’m in a WhatsApp group with over 200 people from the NYC area that ride very often in group rides and most ride every day.

5 Likes

What I gather from lurking in some local facebook groups is that there are at least 10+ boosted owners in Portland Oregon. One local diy builder contacted me on this forum so I know we have at least 2 diy builders in town.

1 Like

The Boosted clan is very protective of their brand … don’t really like non-Boosted owners of esk8 … I’m pretty sure it’s the range issue

14 Likes

That’s what I thought but didn’t say. The local riders group used to be advertised as a boosted sponsored meet up but now it looks like its been opened up. But judging from the face book group its still mainly boosted boards.

The group rides look short, like 20 blocks and flat, and the riders look like a bunch if noobs. Not really a fast riding group.

I know some relatively easy local downhill rides that would likely make them piss themselves. I also know of some longer rides along the river but then there’s that range thing boosted had going for it :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll likely pass on the group rides with them, and likely go shred with other diy builders in town. Then at least if we can’t go fast we can at least do some miles, and see some shit.

What happens when a Boosted shows up… it becomes a discussion in range especially if they are in the minority.

It depends on the group…I see what the guys in NYC do…they hook up via a power strip and use the secret charge spots around the city that can be accessed by the public. It’s a social thing…and nyc is very social so hanging around chit chatting while charging is a thing…so distance becomes less of a worry.

It’s definitely a social scene in NYC. But the range with boosted becomes a problem for the diy guys that want to ride more than 4 miles at a time.

2 Likes

Blame @Kaly hahahha

1 Like

I had a chance to see a couple of his MTB’s. Holy shit the man puts together a hell of a ride!

I’m a NY’er from Manhattan and have never ridden in NYC but I know how it goes…plus nyc is an adventure at every corner…it’s def more interesting than most cities…4 miles takes you to a different world some times lol so…boosted range is acceptable… but as you get outside of the city…Bnx bkln qns … 4-5 miles don’t cut it

1 Like

Lol 4 miles in the city can take you anywhere in the world! That is as long as you don’t get killed by a cabby or fall in a pothole!

3 Likes

Lol…

Don’t get me started abt cabbies … There was this one time in times sq when I punched :facepunch:t2: a cabbie window in front of a NY state trooper … And I didn’t even get in trouble lol

3 Likes

Lol even god hates cabbies!

1 Like

I don’t think you have ever seen a taxi strike in NYC?

It’s makes NY a whole different universe … imagin no taxis the streets were wide open

The cabbies are holding on for dear life right now. Uber and Lyft are killing the market. Medallions are down almost 40% from 12 months ago!

@okami sorry about jacking the thread.

2 Likes

It’s the NY social thing lol we can’t help ourselves hahahah

1 Like

Nah side topics are all okay, it gives some insight anyways, we had a side topic at the beginning too about.how we started to be interested in esk8.

I assume not.everyone can afford or needs a car in big city like nyc (+ traffic.jams), so taxi culture and eboards nourish :smiley: especially after seeing some videos how a few esk8ters leave all the cars standing at intersection

1 Like

I had a car in NYC … I never used it… if esk8 was a viable thing back in the day…i would of ditched my car a while ago…I never liked the idea of biking in the city for some reason ( says the guy who’s done 100mph plus on a motorcycle on Park Ave starting around union sq to almost the MetLife building)

1 Like

Yeh this is going to be in future - esk8 communities, same as there are now motorcyclist unions, car nut meetings and so on :slight_smile:

I assume boosted has made their “squad” already by creating such short rides around the.city :smiley:

I sort of feel.bad.for.them that the manufacturer offers decent range only now (and still.not as standard.i believe) , i assume they didnt care about it then and maybe wanted.to save on.some.components?

Though these lithium cells they use for their boards (A123) if i remember correctly still cost decent money so it.might as well.have been some other decision which led.to.such low range final result