How to become a level 37 Paladin ......or level 3 trusted member

Just curious moderators

4 Likes

Curious as well.

2 Likes

Humm you guys been in the crew for a minute…

You guys are leve 3 to me :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I was level 3, then I got demoted :frowning:

2 Likes

This is what your looking for: https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924/6

They can get to trust level 3 by…

This is time and activity based, unlike the previous levels. In the last 100 days…

must have visited at least 50% of days must have replied to at least 10 different topics of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500) of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k) must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.* must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator) must not have been suspended

• These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.

8 Likes

I just got level 3 I didn’t realize I was on this forum that long lol

3 Likes

I think I have done all of those… The only one I am not sure about is the likes one.

Where can you see your trust level btw? I look on my profile and other people’s profile and it says either, member, regular, or whatever. Isn’t regular just a badge though? Not a trust level?

8 Likes

Maybe we need to like more of your posts…here I’ll start

5 Likes

When you get there you will know…Now meditate

5 Likes

Contributing to the community with your ideas, build pics and critiques are probably the easiest ways to reach level 3.

2 Likes

The real question is how do we become a mod because I don’t like that I can’t edit my own threads after awhile lol

3 Likes

I thought regular was level 3, isn’t it?

1 Like

Just read that post that @JLabs posted. Yes I guess regular is level 3.

1 Like

More like how can one be invited to be a Mod.

4 Likes

I just realized that some of the core members like @whitepony are not listed as regulars anymore. That seems weird and I don’t like the idea of someone who brings extraordinary contributions to this forum getting demoted like that. The contribution should mean more than just raw numbers in terms of topic readings and post creation. Can/Should we change that? Or have an honorary member badge or something?

4 Likes

hah, titles and badges, who cares about that kind of stuff? :smile:

1 Like

Well with the increasing number of beginners and often times weird advice they get from people I’d rather have a badge like system that ensures competence. When you tell me how to epoxy carbon fiber I know I can trust you - others might not because they have not got to know your work.

I really think that a title for people that have demonstrated they know how to build or have someone special expertise is necessary at this point. Some of these guys open their mouths and nothing but stupid falls out.

I would suggest a topic accessible to level 3 and above were nominations are posted and once a week or month or whatever the mods go through and apply the title. Something like “Master Builder” or “Mostly not a Dumbass” :grinning:.

2 Likes

ill go sell cookies for my skateboard club =3 then i get badge!

1 Like