How to build world's fastest electric skateboard?

I used to think the same thing and now after riding everyday 20mph feels slow and 25 is felling more normal :joy: (Tears from wind in my eyes…)

anyways there was that unoffical video of someone doing 68mph…

but yea with some heavy duty 4x v2 carvons on 107mm flywheels with 14s2p(140A cont.) LiFe a123 cells + lightish rider + mythically perfect roads == ++70mph

Most people die in car crashes at 60mph+

You’ll definitely be dead at those speeds if you fall off and strike something at that velocity.

The expense and risk is not worth it even though it is probably equal in fun to downhilling.

your probably right…lose the motors…find a hill and you can hit 90mph :wink:

True, but you can fall at those speeds and not die if your in the right environment, case in point, Mischo Erban falling while breaking the record…

I think anyone who does above 40 mph without leathers is crazy, but with leathers, you can fall at 60 mph and be fine, if you don’t hit anything…

2 Likes

Could you plank on the board? that would reduce wind and air resistance?

2 Likes

Then I would just convert a street luge to electric, if I wanted to hit thoes speeds.

2 Likes

Why not build a transmission with just two gears and using longer board with wider trucks would help but I’d love to see a transmission setup

That’s not a bad idea, just need a tall flag pole so the cars could see ya lol…

last time i got in touch with NGV and then modified thier system to run on a custom deck shaped like a sword.

Next time i’ll probably get some hummies and run quad focboxes at 13S. Then I’ll build the same board with carvon direct drives and do some comparisons.

To be clear, i will be doing comparisons of some other damned fool’s experience doing 65 because 40+ is fast enough for me. fuck 65.

2 Likes

could one of you guys share a quad-focbox setup…?

I’m working on a 4 x 10" hoverboard motor-wheel (700W each) design for a farming assistance robot…

what i’d like is for my pi clone (asus tinkerboard (2gb)) to control the final drives…

as space constraints and weight limits are not a factor (extra weight is actually a plus), i plan on using 3 (or 6) marine deep discharge batteries for power… (with super-capacitor battery banks if needed for power surge requirements)…

as a robot, reverse under full power is also required…

a bonus would be to control 2 or more extra focboxs for implement drives on top of the 4wd… (think mini-tractor)…

[ mississippi backwoods hacker/tinker ]

william…

1 Like

should be relatively simple, the FOCBOXES are highly programmable. I don’t know the technical specifications of 2.4ghz radio receivers but all you’d need to do to control the FOCBOX is feed to it a PWM signal varying between 1 and 2 ms. (anybody who actually knows what they’re talking about feel free to correct me)

Holy crap 70!!