How to connect an XT60 connector without welding...?

I definite have the polarity correct. I have more than a little experience soldering but that doesn’t necessarily exempt me from making mistakes from time to time either.

Not too late. Still watching this string for now. Trying to figure out exactly what to order before the window closes in about an hour.

Thanks penis :smiley: I’ve already been corrected by the unwashed masses.

5 Likes

What is this anti spark thing I’ve been hearing?

@Richcan basically a connector with a resistor inside it. It limits the electricity coming in long enough for you to plug it in fully without creating a spark

@Richcan This: Screenshot_20190720-233954_Google From there if you want a better idea go see @b264 post about loopkeys https://forum./t/how-to-make-an-xt90s-loopkey/2325 Or come chat with us on the other side

2 Likes

Ok Thanks! Ya was thinking a good tight connector. Didn’t know had resistor? Good to know when I do my build! Been reading some units overheating or starting fire! I ordered those XT90 I’ll check if has resistor? I’m guessing there is inline resistors also? When building basically between battery and focbox? Is that the only location for these because of the high current. I heard Focbox might have this built in the boxes? If so would you still install extra one? Thanks

If it doesn’t have the green line on it, it doesn’t have a resistor in it. I would recommend using one no matter what. Repeatedly connecting and disconnecting the battery pack without any resistance at the point of connection will eventually start melting the connectors from the heat created by the sparks. I dont believe you could put an inline resistor as this would continuisly limit current rush and would in turn fry the resistor. In an xt90S, the resistor is at the tip of the connector and is no longer in use once the connector is completely seated inside the Male xt90.

Thanks! Makes sense! I’ll check out what I purchased. I’d rather play it safe!

This is not typical. Usually you connect a pack, it throws a spark big enough to scare you and might leave a small char on the connector. Nothing to worry about, but the connectors may wear out and need to be replaced after a few dozen cycles.

To actually melt the connector and burn the housing, this does not happen from just connecting a pack to the escs.

I believe you direct shorted the pack somehow. No XT90s or other technology will save you from melted stuff here.