How to connect Maytech motor sensor cable to VESC?

So I have these Maytech 6364 motors. image

I have this sensor adapter that came with my dual 4.20. How do I make sure the sensor cables are in the correct order? I’ve read someone on the forum killed the sensor by connecting incorrectly so I don’t want to destroy mine :smile: image

@DavidBanner sells them

1 Like

I’m asking how to connect the sensor to VESC properly, not looking to buy anything :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You could probably just look at the pinout for the vesc sensor port and the maytech data sheet. That’s what I was planning to do when I receive mine

I have the pinout for the vesc, can’t find the maytech data sheet tho. Do you have it?

Oh hm no i didn’t consider that it wouldn’t be on the website. Even with china products they usually have datatsheets right on the site

The sensor order is correct if you connect it to a focbox. It is in reversed order for escape because for some reason which baffles me stewii decided to do it in reversed order. Maybe he was scared off by Frank? Maybe he just made a mistake. Maybe he just felt like fcuknig with us. Maybe he has a deal with maytech so we order new motors in case we mess up. Maybe, just maybe he lives in opposite world.

6 Likes

The important bit is getting the positive and negative in the right place.

My adapter cables which are generally used with the FOCBOX are have straight 1-1 wiring. If you want to be sure you can check the FOCBOX wiring, locate the Red (+) and Black (-) wires and make sure they match up with the pinouts for your VESC and you are good to go

2 Likes

Thanks guys. At least now I have a clue and can figure it out from there. You guys have a schematic of the FOCBOX?

Just wanted to update anyone searching for these cables in longer versions

1 Like