How to control acceleration?

@im-done I dont think I can do that with the Castle Mamba Monster 2. Settings below…

yes now that i think about it you should be able to with the throttle curve! thanks never even thought about the curves.

Ive got it adjusted as well as I can but when you hit the throttle full the board still rockets forward. The acceleration curve is great for control of the speed but not so much for the actual ramp up.

that makes sense kinda because its just musher in the center of the range than drops off. i used that on my radio to help me start the bard and not die, but i know amp draw settings on the vesc will work for what you are doing.

@im-done That’s cool, I’m going to go with a VESC when I get my aluminum deck rebuilt, I just don’t want to change the electronics too much until I know what issues Im going to have. With the enclosure I printed I’m going to have some creative wiring getting everything connected inside 3x1.5 inches.

@Okami & @mmaner - The little gubbin just arrived and I will give it a little test tomorrow night!

1 Like

@EssEnn thank yousir, I am looking forward to hearing how it goes. This could be the answer to getting my wife back on a board, therefore letting me skate more as well :slight_smile:

bring your punch control rate down. That adjusts your startup power.

I have tried that, I started at 100% and decreases at 20% increments to 20%. The only change I saw was the ability to start without kick off. At 60% the board would still throw me, at 40% it wouldn’t move without a kick.

ok funny behavior :smiley: what about the value above? max forward power?

That doesn’t effect the rate of acceleration, only the top out of acceleration. Ive experimented with my ESC (Castle MM2) pretty extensively, I dont think there’s a way to make it slow the throttle ramp up. I’d love to be wrong, I just dont think its there :).

2 Likes

@Okami & @mmaner I got home from work late and the GF banned me from playing with my new toy in the house. I’m going to test it with a servo and see how it works once she gets to bed :wink: I might hook up my Arduino as well so I can see the change in PWM signal. Reading into what I have seen and learnt I have a feeling the best to expect will be that it will dampen inputs more than anything as it ramps down as well as up and you can’t control them separately.

Hi guys I am having a weird problem and was wondering if you could help out I hooked up my torque board remote and the throttle is controlled with the wheel not the trigger any thoughts

Put the tx/Rx lead on ch2

I think you Can contol both… im not sure what was the third setting… some said something about the reverse or something… you can click reviews to get some more info but it was confusing as there were airplane people mostly discussing it…

Ok I assume It got stock… though, dont forget to publish the results!

Sorry for going dark but work got very very busy. People leaving, new staff and holidays.

I have had a little play with the device and you can’t adjust the ramp up and down separately. Which is a shame but makes sense for what it is designed to do. It does add a bit of a buffer to the inputs which is good but not good when you need to break quickly.

I’m going to have to look at the Arduino idea again when Christmas is over. I found out that a friends brother actually codes C++ and he said he would be happy to spend an evening with me to go over the project sometime in Jan with any luck.

2 Likes

I got one too, haven’t even hooked it up yet. Have had battery pack issues. I’ll play with it next week when. My new Zippy come in.

I did some tests with Arduino and a servo. I was able to get a nice ramp up/down, but then I got carried away and messed it up. The good news is its very doable, top speed limiting, ramp up, ramp down, and even separate brake ramps. I’ll try to clean up the code and post a demo later.

1 Like

So what do you really want to achieve. It would be possible to implement rampings to the PPM Handling of the VESC. But do you want a very slow ramping or do you want a short ramping to prevent that the board kicks of if you pull the trigger fully by accident?