[How To] Fix Anti-Spark Softswitch

Correct. They suck

1 Like

sorry to res this thread from the dead but i just had this happen to me got 2 new switches and both died after one use!

Imgur

1 Like

there is bugger all load when first powering up, unless you are on your board with the throttle fully open.

Happened to me too :frowning: I am hoping to use the (still working) LED switch with an original Vedder AntiSparkBoard, using the 5V or 12V output of my SBEC to power the LED, that is the plan.

Does anyone know for that matter where you can buy the Vedder AntiSpark in Europe? Protoboards stock is emptier than my wallet after buying this piece of crap switch!

1 Like

A lot of people have had issue with this switch, including me. I was hoping to fix it but I guess it’s not that simple…

For those who want to repair one of these - it likely needs new FETs. You need to replace all on the PCB - i believe there are 3 total. You should always replace all the FETs at the same time - not just the one which may have failed. The others will fail shortly if you don’t replace them anyway.

Since the FETs are the most expensive part - they are usually ~$4-8 ea. So, if you have the skill to reflow SMD (hot air or skillet or reflow oven), and the time, it’s likely a big portion of the total cost of the switch. AND it might not be the true fix, if something else failed you wouldn’t know until swapped…

I would suggest the Vedder AS switch as much more robust. I think there is a market for a more durable AS similar or even over-built compared to Vedder/Fechter’s.

The ones from @goldenHusky are bomb proof, if it’s not sufficient he is always backing the products with amazing warranty conditions. Cheers

1 Like