How-To/HACK: Build compact controller using GT-2B & Badwolf v2 Enclosure

i’ve been thinking a lot about that. It would take some trimming/finishing work to get it all straight, but the electronics are so rock solid reliable that I’m not even sure you really ever need to crack open the case, so things like screw posts likely aren’t even necessary when you can just spot-hot-glue or plastic weld the thing together. You could always crack it open again with a dremel.

I was thinking nylon nuts/botls straight through the case… I cant imagine 3D printed screw posts lasting too long anyway.

1 Like

OKP did a gorgeous hand laid CF case for his! It’s a work of art. He put in screw retainers as well to secure it. Great work and i’m just lazy with my 3d printed Badwolf enclosures…

1yeah i saw that too. I was thinking about making a carbon fibre case if i ever go the gt2b route

Hey @lowGuido do you have a pic of the Nyko Kama receiver soldered to the PCB of wiiceiver? I keep trying to picture this and I can’t figure it out…

its covered in heatshrink so I could take a photo but it wont really show the wiring.

Edit You might need to use your imagination a little

1 Like

thx @lowGuido ! This helps but how do you solder the contacts points on the Nyko Kama receiver to the wiiceiver? Do you tin all three contact points on the plug and then melt each with very small solder iron tip? Or maybe use short wires between the dongle and the wiiceiver? Here it looks like you removed the casing (and the plug) from the NK dongle.

I’ve switch over to the GT2B camp until I can sort out a more reliable nunchuck solution! I miss perpetual steez!

I tinned the contacts on the wiiceiver and then I removed the PCB from the nunchuck dongle and soldered the wires directly to the contacts.

1 Like

I’ll be doing this some time after mid term exams!

Pretty good print on ‘medium’ (except for the supports stuck on the edges… not too hard to get off though) with a makerbot 5th gen.

1 Like

Made a mod and video about that.

2 Likes

Here is OKP’s carbon mod. A work of art!

3 Likes

Hi guys, i have a new flysky gt2b, and sometimes it will produce drop out when riding. Do u guys happen to know how to correct that? thanks

Just finished putting this case I got from eBay together. Quality seems good with 3mm walls and only had to do very minimal dremel work. It looks like the bad wolf v2 as I did not have to de solder the USB port. I added two 470ohm realtors to the steering channel. Spins an rc motor on testing and range is fine. Now I just need my Carvons and space cell!!!

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/252330751004

4 Likes

NIce work! much nicer looking than the Badwolf mod. IMO.

how do you apply breaking on that build?

Push the trigger out like any other r/c car transmitter. The enclosure does not alter the function of the trigger

1 Like

@freeflyer did you design that or just purchase from ebay?

I don’t know if this is on topic enough for this thread, but can anybody tell me how the Mad Munkey or Master Cho mods differ from this Bad Wolf tutorial? Is there less de/resoldering, battery disassembly or PCB cutting involved?

Paging @FLATLINEcustoms & @MasterCho

@Mobutusan - looking at the pics above of Master Cho’s enclosure (Purchased via ebay it seems) - the PCB is not cut (you can see the left side wires routing through the notch i cut off). The usb charging port is not moved. And the battery is connected w/ the regular/stock connector. So besides notching the trigger and cutting off to fit in top left of case it looks relatively mod-less.

I have two more GT2b’s on order and looking forward to trying flatline’s or baby buffalo mods to compare w/ my badwolf ones i’ve done previously. I would consider Master Cho’s as one of the least modify necessary, but since there is no open source files (free) - i’m not willing to pay the $30 to try. my .02 as there are several others that are as good or better possibly for free.

@Mobutusan, The Mad Munkey V1 is the same as the build for the Bad Wolf except the trigger piece needs to be cut shorter and the battery needs to be covered. But I believe that is it.

1 Like