How to increase Torque and Throttle

I’m making my own custom electric longboard but I unfortunately bought the Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6364-245kv Brushless Outrunner Motor. At the moment I am using a VESC to control the motor but I can’t seem to get my motor to run without kick starting it, furthermore it cant even carry 40kg of load properly. I have tested my battery and it is not the problem. I’m very new to using the VESC so I can’t figure out what to use to increase the torque and throttle. Would be great if someone could help me as soon as possible :smiley:

Thank You :smiley:

What is your gear ratio and battery voltage?

@PXSS The gear ratio is 15T to 60T so 0.25 turns,

Yes, 15 being motor and 60 being Wheel

Battery voltage? Also post your esc settings

Screenshots of the BLDC tool with default readings, and the voltage of my battery is 6s

I don’t quite understand what you mean by desired battery watts but I would like to draw as much as possible because that would increase torque right?

Around 2000W to 2700W which is the limit for my motor

I don’t think I would need that much power just for the build, but a standard motor that many use has 1885W so maybe around 1500W to 1885W?

What @devin is trying to ask is
How many “c” is the battery rated for? This determines the amount you can put into the vesc / motor.
He is trying to show you the math, and not answering you, but challenging you to figure it out.

1 Like

I’m still only a GCSE student looking to finish his project before the end of February lol, sorry I’m really not that smart

Yes If that will push me

Like a clueless meets a autistic nerd. Nice social experiment. Hopefully nobody get’s hurt. Little hint, You should tell us details about your battery (Li-Ion, Lipo and how many cells in series and in parallel) and how many motors you have.

6 Likes