How to increase Torque and Throttle

Yoshi, what batteries are you using. We can give you some guidance as to how much power you need but we need to answer a few questions.

What is your battery nominal voltage? Are you using Lipos or Liions? What cells are you using(link)? How much do you weigh?

1500W is a crap load of power for stand still. You dont want that if you dont want to get hurt as Ackmaniac said.

@Yoshi14646 you are welcome here and just post away the questions. There are many here to help even with the simplest of tasks.

*Edited to remove ā€œoff topicā€ content.

1 Like

@PXSS The batteries Iā€™m using 24 cells of Samsung 30Q 3000mah that are spot welded. 12 in parallel and 2 of the 12 in series. The Rated Max constant current 15A, Calculated max current 37A, Actual constant current 20A+. Each cell has 3.66V rating.

Iā€™ll try and answer the question the best I can when I get a reply from the person who sold it to me, who I know but is sleeping at the moment.

You really need to figure out what batteries you have. Most likely all of your VESC settings are wrong. It cannot be a 2S12P pack. Your vesc doesnt take 7.4Vā€¦

thereā€™s a lot of people annoyed with devinā€™s repeated math but the math isnā€™t wrong! telling people itā€™s wrong is not helping. all those people who think they know whatā€™s going on, yet are saying devinā€™s math is wrongā€¦prove it. I ride 200 motor amps. I have almost no cogging and super smooth acceleration and exact power output as determined by the math. the proof is in the pudding. are we here on the forum to figure out how things work and make things better, because they definitely are for me, or are all you guys going to keep grumbling and flagging the real info while you claim it isnā€™t. egos abound and theyā€™re in the way. if weā€™re talking about safety this is the way there. control of what your power output is at all rpms.

5 Likes

Ill reopen it once you all stop flagging each other.

No point in a thread with every post flagged.

7 Likes

thank you. Christ iā€™m tired of the virtual lynching thatā€™s going on here. Devin isnā€™t wrong. Heā€™s just vocal, and people are getting board with it. Find something else to get bored with, like alt-facts.

8 Likes

I dont disagree with the math. I disagree with presenting very dangerous settings as advice. Think about it this way, your son is thinking about getting his first motorcycle ever, so you get him a beefy one with a computer where you can set limits and what not for safety that he can eventually back off slowly. Now your kid is asking why his bike wont go faster than walking speed, suspects that some of the settings might be wrong. In comes uncle devin, who is tech savvy but has never owned or ridden a motorcycle and removes all safety precautions from the bike so now it has more acceleration than what is safe for an adult thatā€™s been riding bikes for years because ā€œthats what your son asked forā€, but your teenage son is clueless about what heā€™s getting on and could kill himself with the new settings. Do you step in and tell your brother (uncle devin) that heā€™s wrong in doing so or do you just idly watch?

3 Likes

You do realize that the OP is a teenagerā€¦?

Then why do you talk? :joy::joy::joy::v: Sorry i couldnā€™t resist.

There are plenty of teens in this forum. Assuming that only adults ride e-skateboards is ignorant and even then it doesnā€™t excuse you of giving terrible advice you have never PERSONALLY tested or have the means to.

DoesnĀ“t matter if they are old or young, if someone is a noobie and wantĀ“s some advice, you canĀ“t tackle them with ā€œhow much W do you want?ā€ They donĀ“t know! They never experienced how 1000 W feels on an electrified board.

So much healthier for everyone if someone gives some good standard tips for a good setup and let them read trough the forum and discover experienced things like throttle adjustment, max W possible, start from standstill issues, etc later!

He even does have issues explaining how his battery is aligned!

So keep it to the standards first!

1 Like