How to properly power a 3200W motor

you can use two slightly out of sync motor controllers at the same time, rc plane guys do it all the time. Just get a Y splitter on the signal wire like torqueboards uses for his dual 120a esc.

2 ESC’s to drive one motor ? Didn’t know that worked. I still think it’s a recipe for magic smoke.

1 Like

I agree with @trbt555 the timing of the output of an ESC must be very precise. I cant imagine that two esc can be sync this perfectly. But i could be wrong.

RC Guys use two Motors and one ESC but this is a completely differnt story.

If you used one remote and used y connector at the receiver and ran the connection to both esc it would work, with enough juice from the battery that is

Obviously same esc’s, have to run the receiver in parallel to the escs and possibly get voltage cut off separate from bec

Splitting the ppm signal will not guarantee the esc’s are synced. Someone please try this and make a video. I like fireworks :slight_smile:

1 Like

@trbt555 just ask @torqueboards this is how he does his dual motor configs.

Dual motor configs with two escs per motor ? That I gotta see. Are you sure you’ve been paying attention ?

Im talking about 2 motors, each with their own esc but the escs are slightly out of sync. Idk what u guys are talking about

Maybe it needs the 6 leads connected to a unique wiring in the motor. I’ve seen it done but think this is how they did it. We’re talki about 2 esc one motor. If u have a large motor and small escs I guess…for when you spent all ur money and they don’t take returns or exchanges maybe.

This:

I still think it won’t work. A brushless esc creates a rotational field in the windings of the motor by cyclicly modulating the phase voltages. If the phase voltages of both escs are not in prfectly in sync, you’ll get currents flowing from one esc to the other instead of through the motor which will at the very least screw up your motor sync and in worst case fry one or both esc’s.

I think the wires in the motor had it so there were 6 phases and pretty much equaled the wiring of two motors inside the single motor

Maybe you’ve seen a ESC which can switch also from star to delta, this would require every 2 ends of the 3 phases, wich would result into 6 leads from the motor to still one esc.

Can u link a switching esc? That would be a super feature for the vesc, someone surely has asked for that already

Lol nope, i only doubt thats something possible could exist already. But looks like (…google…) there’s no such thing :sweat_smile: stupid wye-delta switch only this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: