How to reduce torque/acceleration on VESC?

And please post a screenshot of the motors BLDC tab to make sure that it looks ok. Alos some more tips. Your board is quite powerful with the setup of batter my at 40 amps for a dual drive.

40 * 3,6 * 12 = 1728 watts 1728 watts * 2(Vescs) = 3456 watts total power output

in cruise control mode it gets a bit tricky to control that power. I recommend to try the “Watt no reverse with brake” control mode and set the max watt in the ppm setup to 1728 if you want to keep that power or maybe to 1200 watt if you want to lower it a bit but have more control.

1 Like

looks ok to me

However I need to recnfigure my Dual setup as only 1 motor runs now…and done! thanks for bearing with me

For the master you should set the checkboxes marked in red

And for the slave this so that they can communicate via the CAN bus

1 Like

What version of BLDC tool is this ? Where do you download it?

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/extended-bldc-tool-with-watt-control-mode-ppm-cruise-control-and-individual-throttle-curve/12286

1 Like

yeah its all normal now but im going to have to lower values even more because this thing is POWERFUL however im pretty sure I can take it from here…thanks man

Some more tips. If you want to stay with Current control then you can reduce the overall power by lowering the battery max value. In watt control you can do that by lowering the max watts in the ppm screen. To lower the acceleration power at low speed you should lower the max motor value. And don’t forget to set the same values for master and slave.

I can recommend to use the Watt control mode because you can control the power also at higher speeds with the full throttle range. At least you should give it a try.

Have fun

1 Like

Thanks guys for this thread - I’m setting up my Landsurfer and was just blown away by the torque on the first ride… I’ve figured out how to make very very small adjustments on my thumb to accelerate and brake in a controlled way, but need to download the Ackmaniac build and do this.