How to remove thread locked pulley on motor?

guys I have a little problem regarding some pulleys i have thread locked on the motors, now I can’t remove the motors and use my mounts it’s annoying. The thread lock is really strong What should I do ? do you think some heat will be enough to remove the puley ?

1 Like

Blow torch and gear puller…I used a steering wheel puller with some success, lol

1 Like
1 Like

Heat will be enough. I use a super hot air gun with fine nozzle.

1 Like

whatever you do do not and i repeat do not use the red threadlocker. its permanent and will strip any screw you try to get out. i have had experience :wink:

1 Like

I only have a hair dryer will it be enough ?

No. Can you get your hands on a gas torch?

probably not without holding it there for a long time

For screws I generakky use blue trhead lock it’s great. I have some red thread lock as well so I shouldn’t use this one ? The thread lock i used for the pulley was green and apparently very strong

Blue and red are not enough to use for pulley right ? it’s only medium strenght

blue should be fine if you have like 2 set screws on pulley. do not use red unless you plan on never ever taking out the screw

BOOM! :anger_right:

try the link it even has pictures :slight_smile:

1 Like

ive used both blue and red. blue is very strong but not permanent so with a bit of force i could get a screw out of blue threadlocker without stripping it. not red

gas torch I have one in my kitchen !

I have no screws on the pulleys that’s why i had to buy and use thread lock on the first place. Normaly I use a keylock but there’s not any on the shaft of APS motors… I had to change all my drive train just because of this ( and the 1 cm bore instead of the usual 8 mm I wish I had double checked )

thanks ! 10char

in that case i would recommend trying to drill and tap 2 holes and using some set screws.

https://www.amazon.com/Windscreen-Window-Puller-Remover-Removal/dp/B01HJBM2WG/ref=pd_sbs_263_6?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01HJBM2WG&pd_rd_r=434N97W3YGKHKRPXCT9T&pd_rd_w=Z22Vy&pd_rd_wg=HAh4W&psc=1&refRID=434N97W3YGKHKRPXCT9T

you don’t need set screws, in fact they will be the weak point if you use them…

thread locker and you are good to go!

2 Likes

yeah thread lock is good except when you need to change the mounts :stuck_out_tongue: i ve been stuck on this one for a long time

i currently use 3 set screws without threadlocker on my pulley and it doesnt move.

Propane blowtorch is the only way I have been able to get my blue thread-locked screws out