How to use regenerative braking (Exway X1)

Hi all,

Apologies if this may have been asked, but how do I use regen braking? Do I activate the brake going downhill for example?

Appreciated

Regenerative braking works anytime you use the brakes regardless if you’re going down a hill or not. That being said, you’d be able to “regenerate” more into the battery going downhill but realistically you don’t really notice the increase all that much if I’m not mistaken

2 Likes

Thank you so much

1 Like

Well this all depends on your battery set up if you have a big beefy set up you can run your Regen higher to what you battery is capable of charging. lithiums don’t like to speed charge as well most are 4amp chargers…my lipo can speed charge at like 40 amps so I can run 20 amps no problem on a single and -12 for dual 24 amps and I’m pretty sure I sm totally safe as I’ve never had a pack puff or heat up yet … and it does charge the battery if going down a hill no problem…lipo rock just saying …

1 Like

I know regenerative braking in most cases actually regenerates very little power, but what is the most efficient way for the motor to regenerate power? Hard fast braking or easy long braking? Does braking at higher speeds more effectively regenerate power than braking at lower speeds if the motor is dong same number of rotations?

1 Like

You know, theres books on motors and generators. Gving a short answer from a book thats 300-400 pages is kind of…impossible.

Yes, generators and motors have different span of efficiency depending on alot of factors.

3 Likes

Also typically motors and generator have different windings so effectively a motor is a bad generator and vice versa… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That may be kind a interesting for you

3 Likes

Pretty sure the exway has a factory set regen value and its not adjustable.