Hoyt St Pocket Rocket Motors

I’m not saying they are the same. I’m saying these work and I have a sharpie

2 Likes

Never thought of that.

I’m sure you could use the money you save and get a powdercoating gun. Do it proper!

https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-original-diy-powder-coating-gun-and-curing-oven.html

$400!!! that is a huge markup for these little motors since they are obviously made at the same factory as the turnigy motors. The community is way too informed to get away with prices like these.

This community is but there are others lol They actually swear blind the factory is stateside though hence the pricing probably. I’d be fine with that price if they were great big monsters but those little bitty things would die trying to push me around.

2 Likes

That’s f%$ked up if true! I know for a fact that they source their goods from China.

@sofu mentioned something about those expensive motors here:

way too expensive, their deck, enclosure and battery system and even belt tensioning is very interesting, but that motor and remote is just not for many of us, definitely not at that price.

If there were made in the USA they would state it on their product page, instead they use the phrase, “designed and engineered in Oregon”

I have no love for this type of marketing. You can have these motors made to your specs from sunray. They also make the trampa motors. Ask for Nelson.

2 Likes

They aren’t made in the USA, but oversees. But are designed by a company that builds drones and stuff for the military…

2 Likes

do they have lifetime warranty? :grinning:

1 Like

So we are being charged for the fact they use a middleman. Makes sense. Love to see a cracked open one.

Nelson’s great! He’s helped me out a lot, didn’t expect to hear about him here.

4 Likes

For what it’s worth they’re great motors. Been running them for a while with no issues. They do run hot though I’ve been told they’re supposed to. $200 tho… :grimacing:

2 Likes

Do they run great with no issues or do they run hot?

1 Like

Each* Lolz yeah. Hard price to swallow. I’d rather buy a box of maytechs

3 Likes

Want to lump some of those hypothetical maytechs in with that Unity when you ship it…? :rofl: missed that gb by 2 weeks :joy::sob:

I need my maytechs lol

1 Like

I say no issues cause I’m told the heat isn’t an issue… 90 degrees is the highest I’ve clocked them at, but I was told to set motor temp cutoffs start and stop at 140 and 160 respectively.

So you think they are worth $200? Is that what you paid or did you get them for free?

That’s hard to say to be honest. I don’t think they’re worth $200, but I realize their position because they’re not exactly making much selling it for $200 (I know their baseline cost).

I got them for free even though I wanted to pay for them. I’ve been running them for a few months and giving them feedback on how it runs and what settings I’m running them at

I know what those motors cost also, the actual retail is roughly $100 to $120 if you are only ordering small quantities, 50 to 100 motors. JJ seems like a great guy, I have had the pleasure of corresponding with him a few times but it is hard to overlook such a huge markup.

1 Like