Hub Motors Wanted

Hi,

Does anybody know of anywhere that has hub motors in stock for purchase? preference would be the carvon v3 which look like a great step forward, I’ve enquired although I’m aware he has other priorities.

I’ve read about the esk8 ones which state they are out of stock, the diyelectricskateboard ones which are out of stock.

Seems there is a gap in the market here, if anybody can get a solid supply of decent hubs.

Only ones I can find available to buy are the maytech ones, can anybody give a review of their performance? acceleration, hill climbing top speed etc? I’m planning a 10S build.

By esk8 do you mean esk8hubs.com ?

yes that’s the one. Looking for something I can order now for delivery, want to get this thing build for the summer.

Carvon 3 will be available, but don´t know when and esk8hubs just did their first production, so you have to wait a bit till you are able to jump on production 2 I think. Maybe they have them in stock soon.

If you wanna use hubs, you have to bring some patience with your build :wink:

yeah, I get that impression, wondering about buying the maytech to get me going and selling them on later, although not sure how easy they would be to sell

they work but don´t seem to be very nice, so it´s up to you to go that route.

@paulus_germanus had some he wanted to get rid off

I still do want to get rid of them @TarzanHBK :smiley: Thanks for remembering :slight_smile: @mattfink : here’s my offer sir! https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/eu-new-maytech-sensored-hub-motors-90x55mm-front-wheels-front-and-rear-dedicated-trucks/22205

have you used these? can you comment on the performance? Alien Power Systems are also selling these for a very similar price.

If the below stats can be believed, they should be pretty torquey, accelerate from a standstill, be quite quiet and hit about 24mph at 10S, can anybody confirm from experiance?

I’m new to all this so upgrading the top speed when I’ve got the hang of it is probably sensible anyway. If they can’t do hills, overheat or are noisy that would be a bigger issue.

MOTOR: 9555 KV: 60 MAX POWER: 2000w WIRE WINDS: MAX AMP: 50 ESC: 100A MAX VOLT: 12S RESISTANCE (Ohm): NO LOAD CURRENT: 0.4A SIZE: 93×55 WEIGHT (g): POLES: SENSORS: Yes

Haven’t ridden them, no. Just plugged to a setup to test if all works, and it indeed does work. There are some uber-informative reviews of these here on the forum so do give it a read. I’m getting rid of them now, cause I’m putting together a Trampa setup, and in this application these are just useless.

Alien Power Systems does have them indeed, but not only for about 10EUR more, but you still gotta pay the shipping - with me it’s these 10EUR cheaper and the shipping’s free too :wink:

FYI: The hubs are in stock now. @torqueboards