Hub motors with very weak brakes

Thanks for this man :slight_smile: What is Rbrake :stuck_out_tongue:?! I never saw this

1 Like

Keep in mind that $30 is no longer available, but it seems as though it should solve the issue of overvolting for full battery braking.

This probably wont solve your escs issue of breaking at full battery, instead getting a 41v charger would do you good… But then balancing becomes the new issue :person_shrugging:

Imo new 4.xx vescs and the r brake would give much better results

2 Likes

Thanks man i really appreciate it :slight_smile:

Did you find a solution for the braking problem? I am a nubee and having the same prob.

Thanks

Did you find a solution for the brakes (or, lack thereof)? I am running the same setup and have basically zero brakes. I have not connected hall sensors (5-pin) yet. Should that make a difference? I heard they are useless.

Thank you!

Yes it was the bms of the battery :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had no brake only when my battery was full full, yes the sensor make the brake smoother , but if you never have brake , even when your battery is not full there is something wrong with your esc i guess

Would you care to elaborate? I am using a 10s2p battery pack with a basic BMS (again, nubie here).image

BUMP! :slight_smile:

The bms prevented the batterie from overcharging so i did not have any brake when battery was full, i used a cheap amazon bms to replace the original bms and the problem was fixed :slight_smile: !

Cool! Thank you. :facepunch:t5:

Well, I have my bms as “only charge” and bypassed and got direct leads to the posetive and negative from the battery. So It cannot be the bms. Most likely it’s the cheap Esc, and the settings that it has from the factory, which you cannot change.

1 Like