Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 $125 (Shipped US) + Worldwide shipping POST 2268

Trying to talk my buddy into a hummie deck. Hes planning his first build. Isn’t on the site yet.
He wants to press his own (he won’t lol) Hopefully there’s one left when he finally realizes he’s to lazy to press a deck

7 Likes

I used to press decks. What a rediculous expensive pile of work for what wasn’t very nicely done

These decks have shown really good so far with no delaminating and a good feel w slight flex yet covering the majority of the electronics. In my experience with a deck that completely contains the electronics, and thicker, it gets too rigid and stiff. If it rides like ur on a log or an aluminum truss structure it hugely takes from the experience

7 Likes

Yep, they just work!

2 Likes

No they don’t. my board doesn’t grow how ever much I watered and fertilized it.

2 Likes

You have to water it with Jameson and fertilize it with the blood of your enenies :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

That’s why yours is hazardous. And you got yellow tape all over it.

3 Likes

The yellow tape is so I can see it in the dark, it’s a sneaky bastard :grinning:

2 Likes

I show off ur board pic @mmaner and say I’ll be making pretty much the same. image image image image image Want to get back on a board n get riding again w these done motors. (5 watts draw at 7000erpm, so maybe see what urs is and compare against other bearings. The motors are practically identical except for the bearings) , but now hiking trails w someone’s baby strapped to my back

5 Likes

Im definitely tempted to get a second one just for myself. Can’t justify it atm tho. Love mine

1 Like

Glad to hear your about done with yours. You need to be riding.

I’m about to have to regrip. I’m thinking about cutting vinyl in yellow for the stripes and then epoxy + frit. Then it won’t be grip for awhile, will still look close to the same but you’ll be able to see the CF.

3 Likes

Any updates on shipping?

3 Likes

You know. We could tape off the the stripes, paint bright yellow, remove tape, then epoxy and frit.

Might work out better than the vinyl. Need to do some tests.

5 Likes

What about doing stripes of yellow frit and clear frit?

1 Like

I don’t think it would pop enough

1 Like

Groban likes his ladies to pop

2 Likes

The UK decks are shipped and on the move. I can only surmise that the US ones are on the move too.

3 Likes

Yup should be a couple days then here.

4 Likes

I have quite a few enclosure from @bigben on the way for Hummie’s deck. I was going to get some batteries made from 30Q’s as well. The prices would be very reasonable if we get 10 packs together, is this something anyone is interested in?

9 Likes

It makes me crazy that @Hummie has so many of the critical parts for a totally sweet board, and he’s not selling completes. Killer killer completes.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure all of this is making hummie a little crazy too.

2 Likes