Hurricane Irma: We're Entering Preparedness Mode

This is a courtesy announcement to anyone with open orders or builds with LHB FES.

HURRICANE IRMA is now a CAT 4 and less than a week away. Some places are saying it may reach category 5. To anyone who’s been paying attention to hurricanes like i have for the last 35+ years, this is no surprise. We’re not going to see a lot of cat 2s from now on. We done fucked up our climate too much.

We are going into hurricane preparedness mode.

That means we’re bagging and tagging and generally locking shit down, which also means any pending orders or builds will be delayed until this thing passes and we can unpack our shit again. As soon as the storm passes and everything is kosher and cleaned up we will unpack our stuff and resume operations.

We’re not interested in losing all our shit to water damage and having to file claims, so please forgive the delays. However, we are 131 feet above sea level and that should mitigate the flooding. It will not do anything about the potential for tree-in-house syndrome which may soon afflict us. However, this is certainly not my first rodeo so we got this.

From Sunny Florida, we thank you for your patience.

Time to fill to cooler boys. She’s gonna be a doozy. More info here: https://longhairedboy.com/blogs/whats-happening/hurricane-irma-lhb-fes-is-entering-preparedness-mode-suspending-operations

13 Likes

HURRICANE PARTY!!!

But seriously I hope everything goes well. Looks like I moved out of Florida just in time.

1 Like

Yah let us know when everything is over and everyone ok. (We´re lucky bastards here in Germany with no heavy weather things happening :smiley:)

1 Like

good luck brother, if you feel like driving come to alabama and wait it out…I’ve got plenty of Jeeps and Beer :slight_smile:

4 Likes

stay safe my dude! if FL can make it through 2005 (or was it 06?), itll be just fine for this one. Must admit though Im kinda worried that we’ve become quite immune to the threat since my hometown of Tampa always dodges the bullet. Hoping people there take any order to evacuate seriously

1 Like

Hey Brotha hope everything goes well, and everyone stay safe… And most importantly no damage to your most crucial and yet fragile creation “the SCRAPTOR”…

1 Like

stay safe man

1 Like

if it doesn’t saw blade us on its way to Georgia then its going to head straight into the gulf, at which point it will gain a lot of strength and behave unpredictably. If you’re in 'Bama, you might want to head to the grocery store too.

We’re all pretty bone headed when it comes to hurricanes. Basically it boils down to “Fuck it, i know how to swim, kill food, and collect insurance so why bother leaving.” I waas at ground zero during Katrina. I was basically right in the middle of the Giant Eraser track that wiped the entire Mississippi gulf coast clean of houses and trees. We stayed in my employers building, and watched as parts of houses floated down the street. Fun Stuff.

Thanks bro. We’ll do our best.

1 Like

good luck everyone. looks scary from the news report

1 Like

indeed it does. She’s a nasty one.

2 Likes

Well… thinking about it… It might be my fault, last time I visit Florida was when Andrew hit… SORRY!!!

1 Like

DAMN YOU. Next time i come to Canada i’m bringing all this humidity with me. IT will basically be a sleet storm swirling around my car as i drive through to your house.

2 Likes

Milk, bread and eggs…all stocked up :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is some scary shit. She’s a Cat 5 now, and for the first time in my lifetime that i recall, all of the models are roughly agreeing on which way the storm is going to go.

And all of them say we’re fucked. lol

Looks like you guys are going to be in for a ride bro! All the models aligning is certainly scary.

1 Like

The most important thing is not to panic when the electricity goes out…you can still run a console,flat screen and beer fridge off a generator!!

2 Likes

Lmao power outage in Florida is a once a week occurrence as it is!

1 Like

@longhairedboy HOLY FUCK!! This looks like a MONSTER!!! My thoughts and prayers to the unholy SKATAN are with you, bro! You got this! Seriously, though…Take care of yourself, man. Be safe.

1 Like

Don’t worry dude, Skatan will be watching and protecting you the whole way. Hope you can get past this with no troubles! Good luck to you and the family.

1 Like

STAY SAFE! That stuff ain’t no joke. :cry:

1 Like