Hurricane Irma: We're Entering Preparedness Mode

I hope the damage is minimal for you. God speed.

1 Like

i just Hope it at least weakens before it hits us. with all the debris thats going to be everywhere i wish i had a EMTB

1 Like

1 Like

This has been our plan all along. Weā€™re still building the giant fan, so for now jake is just on the roof blowing and flapping his arms really hard.

9 Likes

Yo, is that thing going to come your way? If it is, I hope you get out of there. take a trip up here man.

Be safe! Good luck Brotha! And I was serious.

Damn that hurricane is INSANE! Best of luck to everyone!

The biggest in the century, all forecast models predict Iā€™ll go through FL, hope you guys are prepared, wish you all luck

2 Likes

Stay safe dude. I really hope everything works out for all you guys over there.

Best of luck to you and your family. Scary as hell. In some ways itā€™s good that you can see these coming? I have Earthquakes here in SoCal, no warningsā€¦quick death I guess.

Maybe when you open shop again, you should make a fully waterproof floater with these as wheels!

Hope youā€™re all safe over there, add this to your safe house kit

got lots of fam in west palmā€¦ roads are 2 congested to leave stateā€¦ this is going to be very very bad

Rolled in to Gainesville from Boca yesterday. 5 Hr drive took 11 hrs. We are hunkered down here for the duration, moving hotel to hotel as we made reservations. I have a full tank of gas in my Prius after a 4am excursion last night, and I paid a small fortune for four new tires, but I am set. Looks like regardless of where it makes landfall it is going to roll over us. Hoping it will be a Cat3 or less when that happens. It should be interesting. I have rooms until Tues am, so weā€™ll see how this goes.

3 Likes

Best wishes to you all from Australia. Watching it on TV - crazy system.

THis is how I picture @longhairedboy saying F#$K YOU IRMA!!!

18 Likes

very nice hair

LHB, let us know how it goes with you and your family ok?

1 Like

We made it. Weā€™re safe, and the damage was minimal. No loss of property and no serious damage.

Trees are fucking everywhere and it took us all day to clean up the yard. Power just came back yesterday monring and we still have no internet, so ops are still down. Canā€™t do much without internet except clean up and get ready to get back to work, so thatā€™s what weā€™re doing.

Normal ops should resume by the middle of next week, so if youā€™re waiting on something from us, please be patient. In the meantime weā€™re taking the opportunity to get better organized, figure out where we are with everything, and clean up this shit hole, which is all stuff weā€™re normally too busy to do.

18 Likes

Good to hear everything is okay with you, I havnt had power since Sunday, if it werenā€™t for the heat it wouldnā€™t be so bad. The wind is gone and itā€™s 80+ and humid at night. But other than that I wish I had a larger battery on my board. Iā€™ve charged it with my car so far lol