HW6.4 based ESC - B-box

Uhm who said no case? Let me add on to that before you start saying no way how about you do some research? I am not asking if you or the community think the price is possible because that doesn’t even matter. This is about if I can legally continue.

Buying 500 of most electronic components gets you about 40-50% off so it’s doable.

Good luck…

Most of the parts are in the more in the 1500 - 3000 ballpark.

A reliable VESC 6 derivative under $150 would dominate the market. Currently the VESC 6 is almost $350 shipped from Trampa, which is probably double what most people are willing to pay

6 Likes

So Jason had this to say about manufacturing Vescs in the US

2 Likes

Just take a seat if you’re gonna make stuff up they take a day to quote you over 300 or for 7075Al

1 Like

Yes your point? Because it all seems correct to me.

1 Like

Don’t forget the software, 5-10% don’t hurt anybody and will (hopefully) push development of 100% duty cycle. And without you wont gain nothing.

Its difficult, a lot of effort. BUT if you pull it off, the hero of the community.

2 Likes

Yes I would source the parts myself because I’d rather do the head work than the leg work… and I live about 20 mins from the factory. I am not trying to start a get rich company I want to offer decent controllers to people that currently cannot afford them. Even at 18% attrition I could sell those at 50% as do it yourself no warranty repairs. Or you know send them back…

3 Likes

I was absolutely intending on giving proper gratuity to the sources.

2 Likes

To cnc 500 units it will not be done in a week for sure in case you run a house with tenths of machines :wink:

Plus not a single company will do 500 units, its not efficient they will suggest to go with casting and finishing :wink:

Then teach him instead of mocking!

20 Likes

Your definitely from the south… Hey y’all, watch this shit! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh yeah I love telenovelas!!

2 Likes

On another topic I would like to see 1000km on that pcb first than do massive manufacture.

2 Likes

This is starting to get off-topic.

Frankly, and most of us here will attest to, that the ASSUMED cost of making/building something rarely equals the REAL cost.

You will probably have some legal hurdles. Just do as much research as possible, talk to BV, and remember…most of the legal problems will start if ‘VESC6’ is anywhere IN the name.

5 Likes

VESC7?

10ch

4 Likes