HW6.4 based ESC - ESCape

Just letting you know, DRV8301 and 8302 are not compatible.

Whatā€™s inside of the ESCape? DRV8301?

https://www.mouser.com/productdetail/595-drv8301dcar

Did anyone else had this DRV fault?

Yup, SPI controlled.

I have messaged you.

1 Like

Iā€™ve filled out the form for the group buy, will payment and such be soon?

Thanks @stewii Iā€™ll take the pictures and send them over to you

I donā€™t remember what quantity I filled out, Iā€™ll take 2 with housing, should I resubmit form? I would also take an additional 2 single housings with PCB cover

What is ERPM and size of your motor?

I have dual 6374s 170KV motor from APS, my eRPM limit was left at 60000.

could be a simple silicone lottory faliure. hope you get this sorted. feels bad man.

It looks like you were well within limits. That sucks.

Vesc 6k limit is 150kā€¦could it be a reason elsewhere?

I switched to BLDC mode, no more cutouts, evetything working perfect. Miss FOC a little bit just for launches.

Stewii sent me some procedures to pinpoint the issue but I still need to find time to open up the enclosure

3 Likes

Just finished my first oneā€¦ some parts didnt come so I borrowed them from an old vescā€¦while flashing the firmware there was smokeā€¦sigh Iā€™ll report back when my 2. iteration of parts arrivesā€¦

Can you get a closeup of the DRV?

I just did that to the drv. :smiley:

Is that flux or solder? It should really be cleaned up to properly inspect, solder balls floating around

And whatā€™s going on here

4 Likes

To be honest this is the first smd soldering Iā€™ve ever done. So its learning by doing so this was a 80$ lesson so farā€¦

2 Likes

I have an inrunner 5000kv and tested it with a 3S battery (specs says 2S max) and got about 100k erpm. Here is a printscreen, top is BLDC and bottom FOC.

6 Likes

That will buff right out

2 Likes