I didn't know this could be done? (Gummies on evolve hubs)

What???

FB_IMG_1537632316185

FB_IMG_1537632328875

10 Likes

Yep, Evolve hubs fit Trampa tyres and gummies and vice versa

1 Like

That means the whole Gummies use, the Trampa axle/bearing limitation (9.525mm, 10mm or 12mm propietary sizes) and conversion spacers nightmare with Hypa or Superstar hubs may be overcome with the simple use of 8mm axle Evolve hubs.

3 Likes

Yep that’s right. Then they can be used on common trucks. Actually i’m not sure because the width of the evolve hub might be different than a normal urethane wheel. I don’t have evolve gear with me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well, the Evolve hub should not pose any problem because is made for supercarve trucks 8mm width 32mm long axles. Whilts Hypa or Superstar hubs don’t work on axles shorter than 37mm and just with those weird 9,525mm, 10mm and 12mm axle widths Trampa like so much… thus requiring the use of conversion spacers to work with the 8mm axle universal standard width.

1 Like

If I remember right evolve hubs will only fit supercarve trucks or tb 218 as they need a longer axle length than normal longboard trucks

3 Likes

In fact Evolve supercarve truck axles are just 32mm total lenght (one of the shortest), 10 mm are treaded leaving just 22mm usable; on the contrary, Torqueboards 218 trucks axles come with 47mm total lenght (one of the longest), 10 mm are treaded leaving 37mm usable. So Torqueboard’s usable axles without the treaded section are still larger than Evolve’s by 15mm!

1 Like

Is the 22mm of axle including the 10mm stepped part of the supercarve truck

1 Like

No, Evolve supercarve axle is 32mm total lenght (outside); from those you need to discard 10mm from the treaded section (for the nut), leaving just 22mm usable. The other 10mm (inside) stepped section you are reffering is not related, those are just 10mm axle width where the wheel pulley bearing will seat.

1 Like

Just use SR trucks and pick the axle length you need

2 Likes

Yes but the Evolve axle has an additional 10mm section, making it longer than the TB218 and the longest I know of

2 Likes

That also is true :point_up_2:. But for the point in question here, outside axle section (where hubs or wheels will seat), Evolve truck axle total lenght is 32mm.

this looks pretty dope, gonna have to try it

1 Like

lol, I just bought the 66T drive gear set and Trampa Superstar hub bearing adapter set from boardbumpers yesterday. I also purchased superstar hubs and 6.5" tires to go with it. I justified the Trampa hubs over the evolve hubs by being able to use gummies on them at some point. :sweat_smile::woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Anyone know how they would fit rockstar hubs?

1 Like