I dont know if this has been brought up before but

Or you get a multi pin charge port then you just have to plug in the balance charger with no disassembly.

@Tee.Revv I wouldn’t do that though you wanna know why, I used to and it sucks. When I rebuilt my two boards I added a bms to both and it is so much easier. The only thing I miss is being able to monitor each cell while charging

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the only con. I don’t like that either. It’s waaaay worth it to have a BMS though

1 Like

Hobby tool?

I’m actually considering adding a second set of balance leads that goes to a 11pin plug and then making a wiring harness to plug in the two battery medic cell checkers I have. Then I can use them to balance as well as the bms and it will give me a way to make sure no cells get over charged a little

1 Like

We need a custom esk8 BMS that has bluetooth for this :arrow_up: and is extra-small because it doesn’t run discharge through it.

1 Like

I was looking at some on AliExpress a while ago but hey are either quite big or more than I want to spend on just a bms

I’ll just drop this here. Disclaimer: I have used this, but it hasn’t been in use long enough to know how good it is. But, it’s $9.11 shipped to USA for a charge-only 10S BMS and it’s physically very small.

1 Like

Thanks @everyone, for the input. I realize that the initial picture I posted is really mundane, and obviously would not work very well. Im going to go the balance charger route and just make sure that when I assemble the housing for the board that the battery cables are easy to get to. Thanks all.

1 Like

Right on …keep it simple skater…

Fun fact: if your trying to keep costs down it’s actually cheaper to use a bms, just sayin.

A bms and charger can be had for about $25

Where as a balance charger is about $25 and then you need a power supply to run it which is another $10-15

1 Like

I have both versions of the imax .ac and dc. One for the home and one for the truck.