I dont know whats wrong with my motor :(((

you try opening the motor and looking inside? probably just has some iron stuck to a magnet. Id open it and stick duct tape to everythin in the bell and see what you can pull off. beats all the trouble of sending it back for him to likely do the same. thats what it sounds like from the video

1 Like

if it was just sounding like that then I might… even though I have no clue how to open the motor up. Ill leave this one to LHB, he knows way more than I do :laughing:

its super easy to open the motor. take the pulley off and then you can see under it there’s a c-clip holding the motor together, take that off with a screw driver or something twisting it and expanding it enough to get it off the shaft, dont lose it when it shoots off, then when its off you can pull the whole bell part off the base part that has the wires attached. theres’ magnet resistance but maybe 5lbs or 10 and you can pull it off. careful putting it back.
totally not worth sending back until you check that.

if that broken motor pulley is really well aligned the belt shouldnt hit the flange and it should still be fine to use i think

1 Like

Yes, but those are still experimental. Generating a gravimetric field strong enough to trigger a singularity through which our dark lord may pass into this realm is difficult when you only have maybe 70 watts continuous to work with.

2 Likes

everybody stop what you’re doing and check your local tool stores for this. I got mine at autozone. Its a gear puller and it not only fits the bor for most motors it can also be cranked with your skate tool.

1 Like

You need much more heat than a hear dryer. I use a Map gas torch for about for about 15 seconds waving it heating the pulley evenly and it’s good but you can use a heat gun but even that takes some.time to get it hot enough.

ah, ive got a torch :slight_smile:

is it unsafe to heat this paint? I should probably do it outside :laughing:

Heat it from and angle from the side and try to only hit the pulley with the flame. I’ve done this with CF enertion mounts several times and they were never damaged.

1 Like