I just built a test rig out of velcro and a 40" brad edwards gravity

Does it run into the sudden shut offs as well on the 6.6? I plan on using the DieBieMS with them and power switch connected to the BMS shouldn’t be a an issue I hope

Id like to see a video of this :rofl:

no not at all. The only issues were with the power switches themselves. Jakes’ running the 6.6s right now at 12S and they’re fine. We lack a 13S pack at the moment or they would be on that.

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks @longhairedboy! Good to know they’ve been thoroughly torture tested. Gives me some peace of mind.

Have you done said, lightonfirebeatwithhammers test? Id be afraid to try that with my dual 6.6s lol

I sent FlipSky a full report on the FSESC4.20 100Amp and after telling them everything they got right i told them about the cutouts.

I let them know that i’m pretty sure the issue is the hardware and even when using much lower settings than we do on focboxes and other VESCs we were still getting cutouts. they immediately blamed my battery pack and said it was probably too weak. I LOLed so hard and sent them a pick of the test rig AGAIN.

weak batteries my ass… These Tattus ain’t whistlin’ Dixie, motherfuckers. I don’t have anything at all between them and the ESC either because the whole point is to know what the ESC is doing, not the eswitch or BMS or whatever.

3 Likes

So unity > focboxes ?

Keep in mind that while you’re semi sound of mind and reasonably smart (I’m working hard here) they do deal with a whole whack of really stupid people on a daily basis, not helped further by the Xenophobia, which is similar to how we feel about them.

They probably have canned responses for people and 80% of the time the end user is actually trying to run these things on 102 watch batteries in series.

1 Like

Some******

I’m mentally unstable, clinically depressed with periodic manic mood swings, and a tortured artistic genius.

but i’ll accept your assessment.

4 Likes

Where are we on things catching on fire though?

I ran out of fire, used the my last shred of plasma burning my for arms so that i would feel more alive.

I have a Prime account though, so should have some more here Sunday.

4 Likes

I’m out, this got too real

2 Likes

Damon what’s your final verdict on this dual fesc please? The form factor is really great and would solve a logistical problem for me in a tight enclosure. For an everyday rider who doesn’t throttle around like a nutcase would you call this a good buy or is the cut out problem simply a no go in your opinion?

1 Like

I saw a thread a while ago about a maytech that would cut out just like this when set higher than 30a batt. Maybe you have it higher? Try lowering it and see what happens

In my opinion they can’t be trusted.

Not yet, anyway. They’ll figure out the problem I’m sure. Eventually.

1 Like

Thank you, will exercise some patience