I just lost a Shockblock

I’ll have Jen’s base plate and orange on back and trampa truck/elastos on front.just to see how it goes…

1 Like

Oh I didn’t know he sold that stuff :joy::man_facepalming:

Time to look :+1:

No he doesn’t sell elastomers but metal spring cups on his trucks and I guess as well dampas which made for carving

1 Like

@Gaza65 interesting set up. Let us know how you like it.

I don’t have the trucks in front of me but aren’t the Matrix2 a bit lower than the trampa trucks?

Not sure Andy87. I’m just waiting for my 6880 motors to come in… could be awhile 2 weeks probably be 4 weeks… Jen’s base plate is more snug on the orange rubber than the original metal base plate so…

I mean the Matrix2 base plate is shorter than the trampa base plate which would result in a lower profile or that your rear truck than will sit a bit deeper than the front. Might just be an optical thing and not true. Can’t check it on mine right now. Just a thought. And no hurry, just let us know when you tried it out.

1 Like

User influenced because i did not know that they fall out thats easily. Or that even Red ones are to hard for my fat ass.

15567958117082228532722328341794 Yes you are right from left to right E-toxx/ matrix/ trampa E-TOXX is the lowest15567960539836561310490286562049 With matrix rubber pad brings it up to nearly the same… E-TOXX base plate and matrix pad v trampa base plate

2 Likes

15567963016133138430121136029206 1556796330254464090754086763196 as you can see one side (rubber not set in right position yet) until I get it all together and get some weight on it

1 Like

He talks about not having them too loose as they can fall out.

1 Like

If they fall out its probably too loose. I would go a color softer. @xsynatic bindings were game changing for me. It took a while to get used to but I don’t ride without them anymore. So much more control.

If any of you have a pair of red or orange shock blocks that you’d like to trade for a pair of yellow blocks, let me know. I’ve got the regular Matrix 2 trucks with yellows front and rear, and while it is plenty stable even with the yellows, I wouldn’t mind stiffening the rear a little bit. I weigh a little less than 200lb/90kg all geared up and I feel like the yellow up front provides good medium /high speed 31+mph/50+kph stability along with maximum maneuverability without having to even tighten them much. The yellows in the rear are cracked down a decent amount though. I think the yellows in front coupled with oranges or reds in the rear (and a 5° dewedge) would be a good combination for many of us.

I want yellows, I have oranges.

You want all 4, or just 2 for split duros?

1 Like

Want to just trade a pair of yellow for orange? You should keep a pair of orange for your rear truck.

Interesting

Haven’t driven the MBS trucks yet but I installed yellow in the front and orange in the rear with 5degree dewedge printed riser as a baseline to start with :+1:

1 Like

Just in case anyone is wondering, you don’t NEED to run any shock blocks in front unless you’re planning on going really fast. I’m trading a pair of rear yellow blocks for oranges, so yellow front /orange rear will be my normal setup soon. But in the mean time, I decided to try running NO blocks up front and yellows in the rear in the loosest position. Basically as floppy and loose as possible…for science.

Carving is a lot more like surfing with almost no resistance to lean, and super maneuverability. I’m testing slowly and carefully, in case this thing wants to kill me, and have only gotten up about 25mph, but so far, no speed wobbles with no blocks in front. It’s a bit like riding a bike where it’s easy to fall off just standing there, so you need a little speed to feel stable, but once you’re moving, it’s quite an interesting ride. It’s amazing how wet noodle loose you can ride these trucks, and how fun it is to whip out sharp, controlled turns as if it was my little Spud board. :exploding_head:

True. The missing shockblock hasn’t stopped me riding my board. 50km so far since i lost it.I regularly reach my top speed without problems. I still prefer both blocks but its definitely usable.

1 Like

So the hot MBS suspension choice this summer will be the Emperor’s new blocks?

3 Likes