I need 3D Printer! Recomend me one!

We have an ultimaker 2 and 3 at work and my own Tevo Tornado feels like the better printer. I added a bed level sensor and couldn’t be happier. We are at a point where my boss asks me to print things at home instead of at work on the ultimakers because my prints are better. Only reason we can’t just get a Tevo Tornado there is the missing CE conformity.

2 Likes

You’re my inverse doppelganger! I build shit cuz I want shit. I dont build for the sake of it, its a means to an end that im trying to accomplish. If we want to get a tad “woo woo”, your approach is the correct one, you’re enjoying the process, whereas I am trying to accomplish the goal I set out to do. Hats off to you man! (I honestly mean that)

For example, I had an idea for a website 15 years ago to solve x problem, had to learn the LAMP stack. Then around 2008 I had an idea for an electronic project that interfaced with a computer wirelessly (I found Limors website (adafruit) and started learning about MCU’s and how to use zigbee for a serial point to multipoint connection, created a protocol to deal with transmission drops). I’ve always been fascinated by all the tech thats involved, but I use it to manifest the things I want.

But i guess the differentiation is that I use my knowledge to get something done instead of just doing it for the joy of learning that thing, which if I understood you correctly is how you see it. I could be totally off base btw, so my apologies.

I need to jump in here, cause I got the CR10-s 3 months ago. Could not be happier. All above mentioned problems are solved. Its only 480 euros on amazon.de.

I’ve upgraded it with auto bed level sensor (8 euro) and a 5.5MW blue laser for engravings.

But IF you have the money. Go for the Prusa i3 MK3. otherwise one of the CR10-s variants will do. Biggest one will do 500x500

1 Like

Anet a8 You have to do a lot but it works quite well

Do you know if the tornado could be modded for 2.85 (3) mm filament?

No idea - sorry

1 Like

Where is the benefit to do this?

Obvious, isnt it? :stuck_out_tongue:

Big Printer, big parts. If you use a small nozzle you Need days to print something big. Thats why a big nozzle is a nice Thing with a big printer

No real benefit to discuss. I already have a 3d printer that uses 2,85 filament, and now I’m looking for one with a bigger printing volume. Usually I buy filament in value packs so would like to use the same filament on both printers

@onepunchboard, CR-10s, was my 1st printer and i got it running in an hour. A better person could assemble it in 30 mins no problem. I’ve so far used PLA and PETG and the thing just works. haven’t needed to upgrade it.

I’ve heard that the Prusa is a solid machine and considered it instead, but the CR-10s can be had a lot cheaper, and for me, represented better value.

1 Like

No not really, it depends on the print quality how fast your print is done. Imo it does not makes any differences if I print with 1.75 or 2.85 trough a 0.4 nozzle, the speed is the same.

No ofc not. But you can print with 3mm nozzle with 2.85 filament

1 Like

Lol, you did not get my Point :smiley: First of all: You are right. It does not make any difference. How should it make a difference when the nozzle size stays the same and just the Filament size increases?

lets Quote a bit to get my Point :stuck_out_tongue:

lets make it a bit more obvious

1 Like

Now I understand what you mean. I’m sorry

2 Likes

No Problem.

I would recommend a Prusa i3 MK3 if you have the Money because you will get so much more Quality than a chinese brand! EDIT: and you can print nearly anything with it (pc, pom, …) If you are on a Budget go with Tevo (AC-heatbed) or creality. Especially if you want to make some bigger enclosures for eboards

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. I will look into prusa, cr-10(improved) and tevo.

I was just looking at the prusas. $750 isn’t bad for a piece of equipment that can prototype parts on your bench if its reliable and doesn’t need a bunch of mods in my opinion.

I need one of these.

I have the Prusa MK2s and it’s great. I bought it in kit form to save £200, as well having a bit of fun builing it, and it’s worked brilliantly now for over a year. For the money, the results you get from it are far superior to other printers that cost a lot more.

1 Like

I would also highly recommend a Prusa printer. I’ve had my pre-build i3 mk2s for about 2 years now and I couldn’t be happier with the quality of prints and ease of use. Just had to throw my vote in here :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I have a Wanhao Duplicator 4, it’s a pretty good mk8 printer with dual extrusion, picked it up for €150 with very low hrs last year, great first purchase.

I’ve screwed up the thermocouples by shorting them and managed to replace the thermocouple chip, diy all the way! You need to have patience and time to work with these things. Next is to make windows to fully enclose it, it’s 24v so temp not an issue at all.

Lately I’ve been telling myself that a 2nd printer may be in order, a backup if you like, they are really useful for building things. I was leaning towards a cr-10s but tempted by Tevo Tornado after a bit more research.

I want auto-level, glass bed, fast effective heat and plenty of update in order to pull mods/parts

2 Likes