I need an expert with Flipsky's Dual FSESC 4.20

I’ll give this a shot! Thanks! :smile:

good lord :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Is the Mac version of the VESC tool actually legit?

per https://github.com/rpasichnyk/vesc_tool/releases

This would make things a whole lot easier if I didn’t have to use a windows machine…

I never liked the Nano X, however after riding the Raptor 2 for so long made me used to it. I don’t think it’s crap anymore, you get used to the start up calibration and the thumb trigger.

I even ordered some of them to replace my Mini Remotes as those are imposible to carry because of the weird big size.

I’m still using it too out of lazyness and I still think they are rubbish.im used to it but I think for the money they are a poor choice

The batteries on both of them have puffed and I have had to replace them too.

Here are some screen shots - after playing around in the PPM settings, I got rid of the tick and actually got smoother responses from the motors.

Motor%20Config Voltage%20Limits%201 Motor%20Parameters%201 Motor%20Parameters%202 PPM%20Settings

The trick with PPM settings seem to lie in the centering, min, and max settings right there above the VESC Tool status bar. Still confused by all of the acronyms, but it seems to finally be working the way I’d hoped. Now to get it all crammed into the enclosure and take it for a spin.

I’d still appreciate all of your feedback, and I apologize for the tantrum in the first post. After working 36 hours and still getting nowhere, my brain was fried and my patience was gone. We can all laugh at how silly that was, and I appreciate those of you who mentioned it. :smile:

2 Likes

Oh also, in case anyone is wondering, it seems that the Mac version of the Vesc tool works just fine for this kind of setup. :sweat_smile:

I’m a bit concerned with the differences in my motor parameters. Should I adjust one to match the other, if so, which one should I match?

No, don’t change anything. You made a motor detection and the values you got as results work only for the motor you made the detection with. It’s ok that they different.

2 Likes

First ride with the new setup

Your max motor amps are super low for having your battery amps at 50a. You can at the very least bring motor amps to 50a and get much better acceleration at low rpm. You should also bring your battery regen down from -40 to -15 or -20 per motor. With a dual setup durring braking you could possibly dump 80amps into ur battery damaging it. A 10s5p battery should handle 30a to 40a of regen no problem.

I was actually thinking my brakes were still a little soft… I definitely don’t want to damage my battery though. I weight about 225, 6’0". I lean back pretty hard when I’m braking, that doesn’t seem to help. Maybe I’ve got a bad motor(s) if the braking is still soft? Maybe my belt tension is off? Thanks for your input btw! :grin:

With that motor settings then yeah. I use 60/-60 on my flipsky 4.20 in BLDC no cutouts.

I’m running everything in FOC - does that make a difference? I also have no idea what either acronym means :confused:

The 4.20 have issues in FOC mode. Re calibrate your motors in BLDC and bump the motors current higher.

1 Like

I honestly thought the 4.20 was a good vesc, but it seems like it’s not based on a lot of people thoughts. What’s considered to be the better vesc’s out there?

I made the same mistake buying this 4.20. I heard their single 4.12 is decent. Also their 6.6s

What about the Foc box? I’ve heard about that one… is Flipsky the main manufacturer of quality VESC’s and the 4.20 was just a lemon?

Focbox is tried and tested and very reliable. Flipsky is the new comer that’s been around maybe half a year. That’s not to say Flipsky sucks, their 6.6 is good according to people on this forum.

Give these settings a try and if you still don’t like your brakes, you might have to consider a different gear ratio or wheel size.

Motor max 50a Motor max brake -50 Battery max 45 Battery regen -15/-20

Those are just starting points, always stay mindful of your electronics capabilities and adjust from there.

1 Like