I need some help connecting my motor to my vesc and my vesc to my receiver

NO

This post is now 20 characters.

Got vesc plugged in. Started to configure it using long tutorial from @jacobbloy Got this after I uploaded my firmware.

@psychotiller I’m sorry if it seems like a joke. It isn’t. If you could please help me that would be great.

1 Like

I was referring only to the connectors…The firmware updates are down right scary and can get you into trouble quick. I can only say this. Make damn sure you know exactly what firmware to upload. Most,if not all problems with the vesc have been related to updates or shit soldering.

1 Like

Hey mate, for some reason the firmware files in the firmware folder are not the latest, Just head to vesc.net.au/BLDC-TOOL/ go to the firmware folder and download the 2.16 firmware file.

@jacobbloy i figured that out. I just finished coding my vesc using the 1h 16min tutorial you made. Then I plugged in the servo cable on my vesc to my enertion receiver like this but the remote won’t control the motor.

Disconnect the receiver. Power the vesc with your batteries and connect it to bldc tool via usb. Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to check if the motor is being driven. That will rule out any config and or connection problems so you can narrow down the search.

You think I’m an idiot? I’ve tried that a thousand times.

Dude I’m just trying to help but if you’re gonna give me an attitude, go sort your problem yourself.

2 Likes

@trbt555 I’m sorry if I sounded like a jerk.

I really can use the help.

GND is ground, right? Where’s ground on the receiver?

GND = ground = black It should be written on the receiver PCB The RED wire is always in the middle. You won’t blow up your receiver by inverting the two outer wires though. It just won’t work.

I don’t see any writing on the PCB of receiver. So if I connect the negative on the receiver and to the ground on the VESC, it should still work? No effect on the signal or anything?

Maybe you will calculate it yourself because we dont know your setup :wink:

Thanks for your help btw, but I have the torqueboard’s mini 2.4 ghz remote.

This is my receiver

Pretty sure brown wire is on the left of those pins. I will double check when I am home.

@chaka dude really, you hooked this guy up with some plugs? And left me out in the cold. . Tsk Tsk lol , no but I have the mini remote too and I found it only flashes when plugged in a certain direction let me go check. I haven’t installed the right firmware yet, I hardly doubt I got a defect I’ll found out when I get a different system. Let me show you what order I got for the mini.