I opened up my blink s2

If you have S2 ebay ESC could work… But if you can afford to go dual VESC way, go for it :slight_smile:

thanks! I’ll research more about the dual vesc but it’s great to know the backup option. Appreciate the help

Any ideas how to replace dying led strip lights on S2 ? Does anyone tried to replace them ?

I wish mines died. Those things are tacky as hell and I can’t believe you can’t turn them off manually. I placed two layers of electrical tape to mask the light.

can’t you just open up the board and disconnect the LED leads

1 Like

I had the opportunity to open up a new board and found one of the PCB’s retention machine screws rattling around loose inside the electronics enclosure. Wasn’t very impressed with some of the soldering quality.

Checking for loose items and dodgy soldering/wiring inside high-energy density products (only where practical) has now been added on my list as one more thing to do before applying power to stuff.

What do you mean by “dying”? What are the symptoms? Dimming? flickering? Just some of the LEDs dark/dim? Might not be the LED strips. I found the LED strips on an old Blink belt-drive board very easy to replace, but ultimately decided to just remove them. If you can remove them easily, then your main issue would be matching the board-supplied voltage to the LED strip(s) you purchase or scavenge. Check the dimensions to be sure they’ll fit, too. You might even be able to adhesive or hot-glue stick the new strips right on top of the old (electrically disconnected) strips for mechanical compatibility. Mouser and digikey are good electronic parts companies that have had reasonable Qty=1 prices. Of course, eBay or Amazon too. If going with White LEDs, my personal “color” preference is “cool” white or above 4000K. “Warm” white LEDs look yellowish.

That particular set of LED strips didn’t take much power (total about 150mA @ 42VDC = 6W) but still…power is power and the board’s battery pack was only 72 Watt-hours. So, the LEDs ate about 8-9% of the theoretical battery capacity for an “hour” of use (but it’s actually much lower than motor Watts, so it’s not really a real-world example for battery runtime). But, one had to remember to turn off the board after every use without the bright LED reminders.

You may have better solution with double-sided tape or even just a small layer of neoprene (or “foam”) tape across PARTS of the shield to dampen any resonant vibration. You shouldn’t have to cover the whole thing with tape. This is assuming it’s not a heatsink.

Almost half of the strip led light is dim.

1 Like

After only 350km it’s very disappointg, how much it cost new this board?

2 Likes

$600 for the new board.

Hey guys sorry for the long response time haha. I am actually super happy that this thread is gaining some traction because there’s virtually no information on the internet about the s2 other than the standard commercial spec sheet. This thread is actually on the first google page when searching for stuff related to the s2 :open_mouth: Now that the suns out I’d love to finally give this board some attention again and fix my broken hub motor. Therefore I’ve got two questions: should I attempt to fix the damn motor or better go ahead and buy two new motors in a set? The symptoms were as follows: sometimes during accelerations it cut out, kind off like the vesc does when it tries to draw more amps than the battery has to offer, and after a few days of that repeating, the motor just completely stopped working. The board only turned on again after disconnecting the motor leads from the esc. Help me out dudes :smiley:

I actually ordered from Indigogo for 899 :sweat_smile:

It’s on sale right now. $599 is a good deal. I wouldn’t pay more for that board.

1 Like

My wife bought me this board for my bday had the board for two weeks ran over damp street and now board won’t shut off and right hub motor stopped moving help!!! She bought it on Amazon with the three year insurance can I just return it and get a new one Acton Blink S2

Return it if you can. Mine died and i have to pay $230 for repairs from water damage. Its a shame because right now i could fix it by myself.

wowgo got better top speed. And the remote is nice boosted copy the brakes never lock up, and it’s just super smooth. a lot of reviews would say that.

So why Buy a board that has lower top speed for the same price?

I bought S2 almost a year ago. I still have it. It’s a good board but chinese boards are way better.

Hi guys just wanted to update you on what was the outcome of my situation. I opted to return it to amazon directly per their 30 guarantee… After alot of research. I am now a proud owner of a Riptide R1 it’s amazing I’m so happy with it. It handles like a dream. Thanks for all your help!!! I really appreciate it.

I sold my S2. Soon I will be the proud owner of Lacroix Board.

3 Likes