I really need a kicktail!

Ok, I really really really need a kicktail on my board.

I can’t believe how restrictive the flat rear is on this longboard. I have to get off the board, lift it up and turn around tight corners. It make me feel like such a dork. So:

Does a kickball longboard exist where its possible to use 100mm MBS wheels? Preferably one that doesnt look like a duckbilled platypus.

Or will it inevitably mean wider trucks?

2 Likes

https://loadedboards.com/html5video/cantellated.webm

plenty more out there too look for freeride/DH decks

1 Like

I have a few kicktails and I use 107mm wheels on everything (except a CarbonGT which has 100mm Constrictor wheels)

1 Like

that darkside36 is callin man…

4 Likes

Cheers, I just have doubts that 100mm MBS wheels are gonna fit without wheel bite.

What boards do you have that fit those wheels?

I feel ya. :disappointed:

1 Like

risers dude or get something like a fattail

https://loadedboards.com/html5video/fattail.webm

2 Likes

Any board will fit them. One of them is a Powell-Peralta Lance Mountain reissue which is 25cm (10") wide with no wheel cutouts and 107mm wheels. Just use a 25mm riser and everything is fine

6 Likes

@telnoi seems to have added a kick tail to his build:(

Oh wait…that might be something else…

21 Likes

Ouch! Cant even imaging how that happened.

woah hope that was not at a fast speed.

This one is great! That’s how a skateboard should look like. Man this one makes me drift in nostalgia and reminds me of the times skaters where a bunch of people on public places practicing disorganized pleasure. Coming over from the escape thread, i feel relieved. Sorry for being off topic, but can you share a picture from under the board.

It’s a commercial board actually, I just put it on a better deck. (2017 Metroboard Shortboard)

Best commuter board I’ve found. A huge tail can certainly work with 107mm wheels…

8 Likes

that is sick dude, I really want to ride that!

Get a spud 29, TB 218 trucks and S2 bindings…cheap and functional and a metric shit ton of fun :grinning:

5 Likes

That’s my edgie dad build! My sons little buddies at the skate park go bat shit for it!

1 Like

how is your build doing i remember hearing after it was completed its quite a rocket!

Which one :grinning:. If you mean the spud 29, I wasn’t happy with it so tore it down for parts. I’m in the process of building a new one with 10s4p pack, 200kv motors on dual FocBoxes using MBS Matrix 2 trucks on @okp risers. Should be fun :grinning:.

1 Like

i really like my double kick skateshred drop through

2 Likes