I think I just blew my VESC?

@Guacamoleface: Nice. I live 90km north-west from Malmö. Malmö has a makerspace at Stapeln that’s open for the public on thursdays. There might be a reflow-machine there or at least someone who knows where to find one.

http://stpln.se/projekt/fabriken/

Oh yeah, had another one telling me they might have aswell at fabriken, Thanks alot for the tips! I’ll contact them and see :slight_smile: Else I might buy a smaller hotair station just for the future. Being able to easily swap the DRV, would be nice not having to be as doubtful about trying new settings and features! :slight_smile:

Yeah, it’s working flawlessly on BLDC again. No. More FOC testing for me for now.

BTW you could save yourself from buying a hot air, I always use this, never used the hot air again:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0019UZP7I/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491321078&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=chip+quik

Check some videos on YouTube

@Eboosted I will check that out. Was just looking at hotair stations aswell so good timing :smiley:

Thanks for the tips!

I wanna be able to swap because it lets me “dare” to mess around with my VESC abit more.

@Eboosted The QuickChip seemed efficient, the only thing I think off is the thermal part(I think it is thermal)underneath the DRV that needs to get soldered to the chip aswell. Could pre-heat it and be really quick to line it up I guess, but not sure how that will be.

Give it a try, the chipquick is a low melting compound you could even lift the chip with your fingers, so no need to heat the whole area with expensive hot air stations

Update: Decided to plug it in again and go into BLDC and reset to default values and re-do my initial setup for the board in BLDC, along with motor detection. Motor detection went fine, inserted my values for batteries and motor.

Board ran fine on the bench - tried to see if I could get the DRV8302 error in bldc, put some load on it, throttle, used brake etc. Could not get a DRV8302 error.

I highly doubt the DRV is fine. I still think its damaged and may act up when Im going outside to try riding it with more load. Highly unlikely its not damaged considered it smellt burnt after the FOC detection and DRV errors.

Shrug