I think I just f#cked up my Kaly, and I'm lost and don't understand anything

Ah…ok. If it is the canbus chips then you won’t see any benefit until they’re removed…I’d get someone to assist with this if you’re unsure. I’m in Oz otherwise I’d help.

1 Like

Are they hard to remove? I just break off the joints at which they’re soldered?

is this tin from soldering?

sorry to say that but this wiring looks really unprofessional…

Nah that’s not it nor tin

That doesn’t look like @Kaly’s work

1 Like

i don’t see any order of the cables, looks they’re just thrown in there and glued.

don’t want to attack you or kaly but yeah, thats just my 2 cents…

It isn’t one of Kaly’s builds Dan, neither of Jinvy’s urban carvers are… for some reason Jinvy just keeps calling them a “Kaly”? :thinking:

3 Likes

ah now i get it, this explains it. if i would go commercial and my wiring would look like this, now wonder it’ll fail at some time.

yet, this is still some super bad wiring work.

it’s a bit of a mess alright…to get this thing working again, you need to take out the VESCs anyway. Just remove the cheap glue and get that shit out of the enclosure.

Relatively certain you get it all working again if you send it in for VESC repair. I would not recommend just removing the canbus chip, since this is VESC 6. Split ppm will supposedly cause issues. Only alternative to that which will not cause issues is running with dual receivers.

Makes no sense for us to try and make sense of the wire & glue mess.

My wirings are even worst than this , I feel bad !

Its a HW 4.12 at heart, and that is why the CAN chip blows when connecting only one ESC. A SIX would not have had any issue.

misread & was confused due to X (i guess this is in older focbox).

If this thing is 4.12, the canbus chip can be removed and you can run split ppm for a cheap fix.

1 Like

CANBUS could be teared apart or ripped out of the CANBUS port/the JST on the Slave VESC

Ahhaaaaaaa that makes sense! I saw a video of Kaly building a board a week or so ago and the inside was even more beautiful than the outisde (if that’s even possible!).

Look at those packs :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

NOTE: I’m putting this here so people do not confuse a true @Kaly build with a build made out of Kaly parts. I mean no disrespect to the original builder, but the majority of us build boards with good parts and do our very best. And then there are those who create true works of art that we ride. Kaly is one of those people and his work shouldn’t be confused with that of a mere mortal. :innocent:

10 Likes

Canbus chips fried. Done it myself :frowning:

If canbus is causing so much problems why do people insist of using it? Split ppm is far more reliable…

I also fried a vesc using canbus for no reason.

You’ve either blown the can bus or the stm chip. Remove the can bus or replace the stm. In case of the stm you most likely have a short on the 5v rail.

it is stupid to not use canbus, it should NOT fail

1 Like

The meaning of kaly is beautiful

3 Likes

Oh yeah!! Just looked it up. An extremely apt name :blush:

1 Like