Idea for hub motors

So typically to use hubs you need to have special trucks or file down your hanger to have that square.

What if we take @psychotiller’s approach and make a press-fit adapter for hubs to be used on calibers, SR’s, etc… we could essentially use hubs on ANY truck w/o hours of hand sanding/filing.

@marcmt88 @psychotiller @dickyho @Kug3lis

3 Likes

I want.

I need.

right… we could double drop boards using hubs for ultra stealth builds

1 Like

I cant like it more than once :frowning:

I’ve been thinking about this with psychotillers press fit mounts alot. Especially since axle length can be changed so easily with SR trucks.

1 Like

same i was looking at my trucks and had the idea

How does this press fit witchcraft work then? Trying to get a close look at the mounts and the site is not a good pic.

so my idea would be, a square peg bored w/ an 8mm hole for the axle and basically have that attached to a sleeve that fits the profile of w/e truck you’re using so when you screw ont he hub motor it locks into the square peg and the sleeve locks into the truck using the wheel nut to hold everything together

Check out the video @dareno

1 Like

It would be cool! Except for the hubmotors part… And your setup would be like 1 1/2 feet wide.

2 Likes

An adaptor then. Male female thing? Good idea. The amount of material on the truck side will have to be quite considerable though, especially with surfrodz.

1 Like

Maybe use smallest sr hanger available. I’m not crazy about hubs myself. Can’t justify giving up all that urethane

1 Like

Yeah, and note, SR supplies 80mm 10mm axles and spacers now.

3 Likes

@psychotiller this is my current setup no motors

330mm axle tip to tip

right! So to do hubs, have proper urethane and not have a board that looks like a waterbug, you’d need to use press fits on the smallest hanger they make. I think you’ll still end up at around 380mm

1 Like

You sir are a genius. That press fit thingy is the bollocks. Just tipped my hand towards surfrodz for definitely now.

3 Likes

Hub motors on SR trucks…a man can dream…

2 Likes

@dareno tillers mounts are true “press fit” You can see why I was getting irritated with other products that claim to be pressed fit.

And now you know why i keep pushing his stuff. F**k clamps…

3 Likes

My tkp clamps are bomber though…:sleepy:

5 Likes