Idea for hub motors

For real. Such a perfect tight fit. Like my first girlfriend.

2 Likes

why would it be so wide? the Maytech9055 motors are only 55mm wide and actually for SR’s u wouldnt even need to make a press fit hub

You have the ability to take and make a modified axle using their 8mm axle conversions

u can make the hex at the end into a square, no?

Add the width of the hub adapters and wheels if you’re going to use real wheels. 8mm axles are no bueno. They’ll break and/or unscrew those axles when you brake or accelerate.

2 Likes

Im confused by the real wheels part… i thought he wants to use his maytech hub motors on the SR. Dont those have the thane around the motor?

lets not go there again lol Guess its just a choice between rkp or tkp then.

1 Like

I missed that part. I don’t talk about fake wheels though…

3 Likes

Why not both?

1 Like

By adapter I meant something like this @psychotiller, it will fit like ur current press fits only instead of having a mounting wheel it will have a square peg for maytech hubs

Like a sleeve with a hole for the axle to slide through

I understood that. If it were part of a thread in axle, it would unscreww

Oh okay, that can be for the 218mm TB trucks since they have strangely long axles lol

As for SR u can make a shoulder bolt 10mm to 8mm and machine a square peg so the motor could slip in

Probably work out cheaper in the long run actually if you factor in the shipping. Can’t find a supplier here yet.

1 Like

I bet if you were biting the bullet and buying tkp and rkp with mounts at the same time from tiller he’d make it worth it. Its a big purchase but man do these trucks feel great.

3 Likes

yea i love my RKP trucks lol

2 dealers mentioned in the surfrodz find a dealer page and neither have them. Awesome. When I do go for it it will be for the complete set up so @psychotiller will be getting the order without a doubt. Just can’t justify it yet due to massive wallet bashing that has occurred lately. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

image those mounts are pretty too.

2 Likes

Get on that secret Santa list. Who’s knows lol

2 Likes

Lol we do secret Santa here?

1 Like

yeah right

1 Like

Look it up. There’s a thread on it. Think we got 35 people so far. Some restrictions of course.