Ideal setup for dual Tacon BigFoots?

assuming it’s made with Samsung 25R’s, 80A continuous and bursts that are much higher.

Yes but gearing ratio is limited by a few things’ mainly the size of the wheel. You’re limited to 44T on a 97mm wheel I think, although 40T is the more commonly used size. Speed reduction can always be achieved using limits in VESC.

As other mentioned - you can limit ERPM to 60K or less (Again - confirm you are on VESC 4.12?). This will limit speed a bit.

You might want to go w/ high C Lipos vs 18650 cells, or you will need 4 or more in parallel to avoid major sag. Lipos are higher discharge and if you get a 45C or 60C pack it will sag less when you have huge amp draw w/ the Tacon. A suggestion.

Gearing will only do so much. If you go 15mm which i suggest, i might try to find a 14t motor gear, and definitely get the “kit” from @Titoxd10001 - great price and the only 15mm wide 40t i’ve found. DIYes may have one and you can always 3d print one, but it won’t be as durable as the aluminum. Realistically it looks like you can slow down about 2mph going from 15t to 14t on the motor gear everything else staying the same. Still 62k ERPM for 10s Tacon 245kv.

If you get the largest wheel gear (likely need to 3d print) like the 44t mentioned - 15/44 = 32/33mph and 14/44 = 30mph.

I’d suggest going down in motor kv to 190/168/149. I’m a big guy too, so can sympathize…

Best of luck!

1 Like

Sounds like simplest approach is to just use a lower KV motor - more wheel & gearing options down the track…

So what to do with the Tacons!!??