If i made a $750 board would anyone pre-order it?

Hey. I completely agree with everything you said. And yes I am intrested in such an idea as this. I am a sucker for team projects.

I think that building a team who can work together in this for a few months is the biggest issue. Getting Decks, caliber 2 trucks, motor mounts etc. for cheap should be alot simpler. Especially with the decks and trucks where we can tag along a huge buy from a longboard dealership or a group buy. Battery packs will definetly be a headache.

But I think we can keep speculating forever. What we need is people willing to follow up on those ideas and check if they are possible and calculate cost for the first 5-10 prototypes. Also I think bringing as much attention as possible to this is the right way. So we should open a new Thread I think.

Mayby its a little early to get hyped up, but lets do this! :slight_smile:

This looks like a nice idea. Too bad LHB isn’t able to to deliver it, we need something in that price range except the youneec ego You should put up a new thread to discuss it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the ideas! Honestly, there have been a few people who have been interested in '‘KITS’

This way we could ‘modify’'the level of ‘īnvolvement’'they want to make an electric skateboard…

For example, there are people who have some mechanical skills, but lack electronics skills:

• We offer, ready made esc / battery package.

Then, there are people who lack mechanical skills or cannot access tools:

• We offer ready made truck + mount combination and other parts already installed.

These are the 2 most viable categories im seeing now but there might be a bit more of them.

Maybe, if we ‘differentiate’’ the product assembly this way, then it might be possible to drive the cost down or dont sell ‘time’ which the end user might do himself.

Some ‘works’’ repair just 2-3h, but when multiplied by 5x (for 5x boards, for example), it comes down to 10-15h of man hours.

I hope everyone gets my idea onto how this might follow also.

@michichopf Well, if it does not happen this way im pretty sure some more people will group up in real life and just launch a kickstarted… lets hope they have enough knowledge and willingness to offer a good quality, reliable board but still decently cheap (affordable)!

===

I couldnt really start anything since im a bit far from the ‘centers’ of active eskating.

For europe, this might be a wider region - Uk, France, Germany or maybe Netherlands.

While For Usa, it is probably West and East coast.

Not sure about Asia, as they have plenty of products themselves and not a lot of users of our forum at least, are from there.

What else to add… in the end I think it will come to finances and the interested parties…

Heck, if I had money for 2 prototype boards I would probably build them straight away…

The only problem with me is im more inclined in mountainboards :smiley: but wouldnt mind getting involved in a small commuter build anyways and if we develop a ‘box-kit’’ then it wouldnt even matter as much how small or long is the deck.

To be honest, I heard IKEA in a similar way cut the costs down by making the end user assemble his furniture with given instructions…

Im pretty sure a lot of other companies do that now but for example I think it works quite okay (IKEA way).

Over the next few days I’ll compile a list of manufacturers for various things. This will be on this post so i’ll start a layout now:

Motors: Shanghai Maytech Electronics Co Ltd Dongguan Freerchobby Model Co Ltd

Trucks: (Caliber Clone) Shenzhen ACA Boards Sports Limited New Creative Sports Goods Co skatetruck.com

Wheels (Clone)

Batteries:

Decks:

Mounts (Machining): Shenzhen JLF Technology Limited

Enclosures would have to be made by us as manufacturers usually have a high MOQ for them.

Belts & Pulleys: Chengdu Leno Machinery Co Ltd

1 Like

Someone please open a new thread, I’m really interested in this and have some ideas :smiley:

1 Like

How should we call the new thread?

Build your esk8 in 3days? :smiley:

Partly open source, partly forum member esk8 build project

Electronic Diy Kit vs Mechanical Diy Kit? Which you gonna choose?

Ok jokes aside… but I think we should focus on these 3 and see what happens…

1 Like

48 posts were merged into an existing topic: Complete ESK8 - Made by Builders for Consumers

pls do count me in

1 Like

7a66ad219a9e2ffb90a5b9acd8825693

4 Likes

Come on dude. Two years? Really? That’s unrealistic. 3 years later at best…

1 Like

Please sign me up too :wink:

1 Like

Good news everyone! I have made zero progress on this! Isn’t that exciting?

Actually I am working on this in the low priority zone, I’m trying to come up with a 12S single drive on Akashas but i need an enclosure for it. I may have to resort to sending it to our friend in peru once i get it ironed out.

So i’m thinking a more premium last mile mall grabbing single drive: 12S3P 30Q pack, maytech Super Foc, flipsky remote, 6374 on 12mm belt, 16/32 ratio on Ahmyo Akashas all on a landyachts Dingy.

Not for $750 though, i’m going to try and do it for just under $1000 if at all possible, hopefully right around $900

A $750 board would be essentially impossible unless i used ebay parts and I’m not doing that.

Still working on the prototype and then i can add up the final cost of parts then check into volume discounts. It’s basically going to take me forever to get this happening but its happening.

It would look something like this, except 3P not 4P and not that motor and not that motor mount, but definitely that deck and those trucks and wheels.

3 Likes

Brother I think you are doing a great thing, and I am all down for this…but have you seen the specs on the new meepo 4wd pro? 850$ gets you 4wd with hill climb of 35% and speed of 30-35mph…how is anyone supposed to compete with that… granted the battery is probbaly crap…but you will likely still get 10ish miles out of it. What do you think about flipsky 4.20 dual, 10s2p 30q maybe 10s3p and using hub motors? This would give you a good set up and the hub motors alone would save on parts that you would need in a belt drive…I havnt read the whole post so not sure if anyone had brought up hub motors yet.

This looks like the perfect backup to keep strapped to your backpack for those long runs or when you just don’t wanna drag your monster around. Or when you’ve had to leave your main board at work due to rain or something. Definitely interested if this goes international! What type of wheels are we talking, 97s?

BKB is selling a dual 10S3P 30Q FSESC 4.12 for $749 though, what’s the plan to beat them out?

Not saying you’d be directly competing with, I’d bet yours would be higher quality, but it would be silly not to mention it because the tayto felt pretty good when I rode on it and I can imagine it being quite a good setup as it is.

• Saw the thread title, came in here expecting some noob wanting to rebrand chinese crap. Had the popcorns ready for the hate fest.
  • OMG! Its LHB! This is going to be amazing!
  • See date: 2017…

What a wild 5 second roller coaster ride :’(

New mini board looks great though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very lacking information on their site as far as I could see. No info on motor size,kv, if the mount is adjustable or charger. Couldn’t find any info on their site about their company either. It looks great but the lack of info makes it a total dealbreaker for me.

BKB is well known in the community. Its not LQ

Im sure they are, I just don’t see how you as a company don’t wanna provide your customers with the spec info. I mean, if I’m comparing different products I’ll simply leave out the options without sufficient information

1 Like

Or you could just ask. Boosted doesn’t give you what type of battery, if motor mounts is adjustable or not. Marketing just doesn’t allot space for specs specs. Half of the time its just for glashy flashy.