If i made a $750 board would anyone pre-order it?

Yes! And there might be alot more tho which are not on this forum

If you start shipping international shipping I will grab one.

3 Likes

Haha wellā€¦shitā€¦for that price I might have you a customer,shpiping to uk?

1 Like

tha would be expensive but maybe i could work something out with a local shipping company i used to send that one crazy red white and blue board to the UK.

1 Like

If you do, we could do a group buy for EU boards.

1 Like

That, I would be down for

I already have too many boards. But If you ship internationally Iā€™m so in. Iā€™ll just have to keep telling myself you can never have too many good things.

9s4p is a killer battery for that price board. You could drop it to 9 or even 10s3p and it would still be a budget board killer.

2 Likes

11 ounce cans of Stella? I think your wife is stepping on your shit broā€¦ sounds like its cut by an ounce haha.

On a serious note, would like to see you go for this and share your story throughout. The first step should be building one of these units and testing it to see if its actually fun or fills a hole in the market. If there is nothing unique about it and it is more expensive than the clones, I donā€™t think people are going to want to buy it just based on whoā€™s building it. With cheaper boards, you may also be signing yourself up for a pain of supporting a high volume of newbie customers :wink: Something to keep in mind.

Also thats going to be FUCKING expensive and if there is one mis-step (supplier of cheap shit sends youā€¦ cheap shit that doesnā€™t work) what are your options? Do you have to cover the build costs out of pocket (out of house?) potentially there is a huge risk here and the chinese mfg may just shrug and say ā€œwhatever, youā€™re out 20Kā€¦ what are you going to do about itā€

YOLO though, so go for it man

1 Like

Iā€™m in ajua!

I think theyā€™re metric ounces which must hold more alcohol because five of those and it was bed time.

You are correct about the demographics. Thatā€™s one part iā€™m not looking forward to.

I already have access to most of what i need to build a prototype, the trick is going to be getting motor or drive train samples.

Brilliant idea. Iā€™ll be your European hub and Iā€™ll send good Belgian beer in return.

4 Likes

@longhairedboy keep me posted if this goes ahead,have a mate of mine wants a board,iv offered to build one for him but if he can save money buying a complete like this and shippings not too pricey heā€™ll want it.

1 Like

I think itā€™s a great idea. I love the board you built for me. If I didnā€™t already own one of your premium boards I would pre order right now.

Yeahā€¦ iā€™d be in.

Careful of that bottle nose blank deck. Thatā€™s what i built on and it snapped because the stress is concentrated at that narrow spot. Just something to look for if you are looking at those cheap blank boards off eBay.

1 Like

not sure if you do yourself a favour with cheap mass market compared to exquisite high priced custom boards.

my idols are 1166 longboards in germany https://www.1166longboards.com who focus on premium decks with over the top finish, incredible veneers and perfect performance in the ldp longboarding niche!

i drool over every boards of theirs cause each one is a work of art.

then again, becoming more premium than chakas cutting edge boards, an evolve gt or the biggest dual+ boosted with extralarge battery? pretty hard I guess! if i werent so picky about so many small details id probably run any of the 3 mentioned boards. :thinking:

4 Likes

iā€™ve got a lot of college kids in my area that drool over my builds but canā€™t quite get there. I was hoping to bring them something that still had some juice but didnā€™t cost a fortune but also wasnā€™t totally crap.

3 Likes

You can count me in! EU boards group buy sounds also interesting.

Wow! You can barely find a single belt drive board for $750 thatā€™s crazy, I probably canā€™t get one because I dropped about that much on my own. But heā€™ll thatā€™s a great deal