If you get a flat Bergmeister tire, do not ride your board

Otherwise you will FUBAR the inner tube.

:sweat:

2 Likes

Youre kidding right? Its just like a car tire. NO RIDING ON THE SIDEWALLS!

lesson learned lol?

2 Likes

Yes. Lesson learned! A car could kill an inner tube with 2000kg of weight. I didn’t know my 70kg weigth could kill these inner tubes of a longboard, but they did.

1 Like

How is the inner tube killed?

Saw this on six-shooters description so I’m confused if it only applies to Bergmeister

“Can be ridden flat if you’re able to pop one and that’s more fun than crashing.”

1 Like

The surrounding rubber around the valve gets stressed leaks air

1 Like

Oh so its the tearing of the rubber (i see in the pictures now), gotcha :grinning:

Applies to any tire that contains air/tube.

3 Likes

I always carry a spare tube and a portable pump in my bacpack. Pump is super light weight and tube weighs nothing.

1 Like

Bicycle same. Surprised tbh

So the worst-case scenario is you need another tube and tire? But you get to your destination?

I’m confused, what is the issue :rofl:

2 Likes

I was positive a flat tire on such a lightweight payload wouldn’t cause any harm to the inner tube, like a 2000Kg usualy does on a flat car tire. This becomes a problem when inner tubes are not easily found and even more when you live in a such far away country like me.

I just wanted to give heads up to people around here to help them choosing an Uber instead of riding a flat and potencially leaving the board out of service for a month before you get new inner tubes.

2 Likes

That makes a lot more sense.

1 Like

If you have a flat the inner tube has a hole already, no? A hole that may or may not be patchable?

2 Likes

It’s usually patchable, however if you ride it flat your tire and inner tube will be unrepairable, I had to throw 2 tires and 3 inner tubes to the thrash today

3 Likes

If you’re running tubes though you should always have a spare set. I seriously can’t believe how many times that something I’ve kept around my basement for 10 years, always say one day itll come in use… Actually comes in use haha. I guess if space is a premium it’s a different story, but yeah

2 Likes

Just fill a bit of slime in any of your esk8 tubes and you don’t have to care about punctures anymore. If it goes flat, just pump it up and it will hold air. If it doesn’t, the cut is so big that you have to replace the tube anyways…

3 Likes

I’ll do that tomorrow to all my tubes. I happen to have some in the car shop

1 Like