If you're making a shirt

Hey guys,

I love that everyone is working hard on branding their stuff and making shirts and clothing. Going to Vegas for the Esk8 Squad event was incredibly exciting for me and I really felt the strength of this community. My one frustration was that everyone was handing out shirts for their companies that I wanted to wear, yet out of maybe 20+ brands and makers only one person thought to bring womens t-shirts. Thank you @treenutter for thinking of us, have to do a call out for Red Ember specifically for that (didnā€™t get one cuz I left early but Iā€™m going to get that when I get that deck Jamie!!).

Moving on why this is important to me is because Iā€™m sure you have all found this is a male predominated sport and if not where is this town I can esk8 with a crew of my gals? :sweat_smile: It may seem trivial but making shirts for us makes us feel more included in whatā€™s going on. The only way to get more women excited to board is to make it appealing to them and make us feel like a part of it all.

With that said I have 6 shirts I now have to take to someone to remake them to fit me which is money I could have used for board stuff :confused: Small things go a long way and we should be doing everything we can to get more girls riding!

26 Likes

I feel you on this but I will say my wife is a shirt maker and the unisex shirts are the only ones that are cheap enough for giveaways. Specific womenā€™s shirts and specific styles of menā€™s shirts are twice the price for some reason. I guess weā€™re all plaster molds after all!

3 Likes

My wife says the same thing she wears my branded shirts and it fits her well even though it is a unisex but I totally get what you are saying. It is cheaper to do the unisex shirts but woman specific shirts would be a nice thing to have for the woman in the community or atleast a v-neck or a slim shirt shirt. This is making me think I about my shirts. I will say that most skate brands only do unisex shirts to include everyone very rare do you find a woman styled shirt.

1 Like

It was honestly kind of frustrating, I want to throw on my brand support just like everyone else and not look like Iā€™m wearing my dadā€™s giant shirt to bed :yum:

2 Likes

So you are going for the fitted look and not for the trash bag with arm holes. :laughing:

2 Likes

Hahahahahhahahahahahah

2 Likes

Haha, yes avoiding the trash bag with arms look :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That was the look when my mom use to cut my hair in the kitchen when i was a kid hahaha

4 Likes

It was definitely the look back in the 80ā€™s. Everything was oversized in the 80ā€™s-early 90ā€™s look at MC Hammers pants

1 Like

@Lunasi awesome post! Yes to shirts of all shapes and sizes!

While weā€™re talking shirt sizes - can I get a shout-out for Menā€™s size Small!? Iā€™m a small-framed guy and if I wear an L-sized shirt it has the ā€œTBWAā€ (Trash Bad With Arms) look! Iā€™ll pay for the shirts.

7 Likes

I definitely noticed that as well, even had I wanted a smaller shirt most were medium to extra large, also a great point Jamie!

2 Likes

https://www.vistaprint.com/clothing-bags/mens-t-shirts/premium-t-shirts?xnav=__undefined_tile-header_2_NMW

I have gone some shirts for my wife as a one off type and if you look at the website anything with womenā€™s style and a colored shirt is qty of 6. I think I may have found a shirt that is womenā€™s/ladies 1 shirt with shipping is around $19.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s hilariousā€¦ My wife almost exclusively uses bella and canvas for womenā€™s shirts. I have about 20 of those hanging in my front room. Craft season yo!

2 Likes

What we really needed is esk8 branded underwear. Iā€™d be ok with only ladies undies being available because I like the way the velvet feels on my butt butt :ok_hand:

5 Likes

I like the way it feels on your butt as well :wink:

2 Likes

:sweat_smile::joy: I definitely wonā€™t argue with cute clothes and bathing suits :blush:

Somebody mentioned swimsuit? mank-350c giphy

3 Likes

Jesusā€¦ i need to un see this

2 Likes

I have one of those hahaha. Iā€™ll PM you later :smirk:

1 Like

We forgot the reverse of the swim suit image

5 Likes