I'm about to order 100 steel motor pulleys, 16T at 12mm. [THEY'RE HERE]

Use the menu at the top right when it loads up. go from there.

https://psychotiller.com/collections/belts-and-pulleys

2 Likes

Flip them over if you don’t want the collar creating space. mine have a keyway and 4 grubs

No you don’t. Yours have a collar.

I don’t want that which was the whole point of this. Literally everyone has that pulley and noone has the one i want.

I’m checking in with them to see if we’re still on track. They should start stamping them out in a week or so unless they got behind.

they’ll fit anything with an 8mm shaft. I use maytech motors also.

1 Like

Ooops I meant the keyway because I already know it’ll fit the 8mm shaft

looks like the standard 3mm keyway maytech’s always used, so yeah, it should be fine.

They’ll be able to ship some time next week, apparently. Which is good, i’ll have the money some time next week. LOL

1 Like

How much would it cost for each?

This is awesome!

My favourite configuration of motor pulley, 16t, steel, keyway, no shoulder… if only it was 15mm wide. :tired_face:

Hope it works out good for you with the manufacturer be good to deal with and they sell out quick so you can some more orders with them.

Made in the US, I wonder if there will be a noticeable increase in quality of chinese steel pulleys?

Your FACE has a collar! They only have a collar on one side…Flip it over. they come with 4 set screws so flipping it isn’t an issue. And, seems to me I can still touch the mount with the pulley on my mounts, so why is the collar even an issue?

4 Likes

giphy

1 Like

your MOM has a collar!

Reversing the pulley and trying to shove the collar into the shaft-space on the motor mount doesn’t work on my mounts, grinding the collar off takes too long, i don’t like the way the collar hangs over the end of the motor shaft, and i don’t want longer motor shafts… I’m just picky.

one day i’ll sit down and design all new mounts and everything but not today. Today i just want an endless supply of motor pulleys that don’t have special needs and will be happy to put 12mm belts on anything with an 8mm shaft.

3 Likes

Ewww…That’s like “smell the glove” talk Nigel!!

1 Like

Your mom has Special needs!!!

2 Likes

Just got in touch with the people making these things. They said they’ll ship next week, they’re still plating and assembling them apparently.

it will be nice to never have to go hunting for motor pulleys again.

LOL they’re finally shipping this week.

they sent me a pic of the finished product: 8kp

i’ll believe it when i actually have them in my hands though.

4 Likes

Now if only i could find some for 10mm motor shafts on these 6880 maytechs… I’ve got 20t but more opinions would be rad.

1 Like

This experience wasn’t unpleasant. It took them two and a half months but that’s fine if the part is legit.

We were thinking about ordering some with 17 teeth next, but a 10mm bore wouldn’t be out of the question if there’s enough interest in a particular tooth count.

1 Like

I know not many rock motors with 10mm shafts. Maybe if these motors become popular but atm there probably 10 members with them.

17t for 8mm would be cool too. I like having a verity in my tool box.

1 Like

The pulleys have shipped! In order to make sure i got the best rate in shipping i sent them my own label.

Tracking has the package arriving by 8pm tonight, but i’m guessing i’ll see them tomorrow.

If everything checks out, they’ll be in the shop ready to ship by next week.

I doubt if i’ll be including hex wrenches with them but i believe i do have plenty of grubs to pack them with, so i should be able to include a spare. I may need to order some more keys though. They should probably include keys.

We’ll see what’s up when they get here. Before anything, i need to know they work as intended, which means adding a set to my board and promptly going faster than is safe. Possibly into some bushes.

I got some 16 and 18 10mm ones (UK, right? 2 weeks lead time for mine, but im only in europe), seem very solid. 2 piece design press fitted. Very heavy, as it is steel. Being the noob I am, I took m2 lock screws… there was room enough so my buddy drilled 2 m4 in it. Not tested yet, picked them up saturday after redrilling.

1 Like

They’re here. I’m putting them in baggies now. The grubs were included, though i think next time around i’m going to ask for larger grubs. Also i feel like the hex keys for them are an american size and not metric, which will also be rectified in a future batch, but these will definitely do for now.

Anyone know what stupid american fractional unit size falls between 1.5 and 2mm hey key sizes? 1.5mm feels a tad loose but 2mm is too big.

3 Likes