I'm having trouble with my BRAND NEW OLLIN VESC!

Ok, that sounds good

Ok, something weird is defiantly happening with my VESC. I just soldered on an anti-spark switch and a voltage meter to my circuit and now when I plug that in the VESC flashes red three times and then stops, as it is supposed to. Then I can accelerate to full throttle as it should. However, now there are no brakes, pushing up on my trigger now does nothing. This makes it even more confusing and I hope it is still just a firmware issue. When I go to brake, the red LED flashes once again.

We will take care of it either way. No way of knowing what the initial cause was now since it looks like you may have fried the drv by running it without getting the settings sorted. Take your time with your build, it seems like you are rushing through it. I donā€™t mean any offense but you will have a much better experience if you hold off riding your board until you get everything tucked away and secured.

Ok, this test ride was just a proof of concept/test ride but I understand what you are saying. I do have trust that you will work your magic and fix my VESC. :slight_smile:

Can you give me a list of what you remember changing in the bldc-tool? Low voltage cutoff values, bldc or foc mode, ppm settings. Anything you can remember. It will help us find out what happened so we can make sure it doesnā€™t happen again.

Ok, I might not be exactly right but here are what I believe I set each setting to Motor Max-30.00 A Motor Min (regen)-(-20.00 A) Batt Max-20.00 A Batt Min (regen)- (-5.0 A) Absolute Max-130.00 A The temperature limits I left the same I am running an 8s setup so that is what I set my voltage limits to Maximum input voltage-33.6 V-Maybe this is where I went wrong, this is supposed to be set to 57? Battery cutoff start- 26.4 V Battery cutoff end-24 V Min ERPM-(-100000.00) Max ERPM-60000-This could be wrong as well As for the motor detection, all I did was run it, click apply, then clicked write configuration. For my startup boost, I believe I put 0.045 or 0.040 I canā€™t remember which For the remote settings, I chose PPM and Current no reverse with brake I believe that is all I set. It is my guess that the Maximum input voltage is where I went wrong though I donā€™t know very much about this.

Who told you to adjust the max voltage value? That is where your trouble started. You then dropped down to 4s which triggered the low voltage limp mode which likely corrupted the firmware.

Probably just needs to be flashed again but I will stress test on our equipment to be sure there is no issue with your drv.

Sweet thanks! I just dropped it off at the post office, estimated delivery is Tuesday but I doubt that because Monday is a holiday. You should know it is my package because it is from Sam Morton with my address, and I also taped a little note saying that it is the VESC that needs to be flashed to the packing around the VESC. When you receive it if you can just post something on here to let me know that it made it there safely that would be great.

1 Like

While I wait for my VESC, Iā€™m taking your advice @chaka and making an enclosure :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Ok, so according to tracking it is believed to your PO box. Just checking in to see if you have received it.

Hi Sam,

We have Melissa working full time again answering emails. Be sure to inquire vie email in the future for more prompt service.

I checked our incoming mail and did see your package, we will run it through testing and give you a prognosis later today.

Awesome thanks. When you say e-mail do you mean the contact page on your site or the e-mail address itself?

[email protected]

Website contact form also works if you donā€™t have an ongoing email with us.

I do have an e-mail chain from your contact page but it was [email protected]. Would you recommend I use that or the one you mentioned?

Whatever is easiest for you, the main point is it gets checked much more than we check this forum. :wink: